Sunshine Rewards Forum Sunshine Rewards Members Login

Join Sunshine Rewards

Go Back   Sunshine Rewards Forum > Member Chatter > Family Issues

Old 10-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Assistant to the Manager of Sunshine Rewards

Default Monster High Costumes

My daughter is really into the Monster High Dolls these days and fell in love with the Monster High Costumes.

Unlucky for her, I think she is going to end up being Rapunzel, which I think is more appropriate for an 8-year-old. If she really pushes me, I think I might try to pull together a costume and the makeup and then her one of the wigs, which I DO think are appropriate for her age.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm flattered for some weird reason.
Awards Showcase
Share the Sunshine: This award is given to a member of the Sunshine Rewards community for helping other members with Sunshine Rewards issues. - Issue reason: As a moderator, Hedy usually stays quietly in the background. If there is a problem, she just fixes it. For example, everytime I use photobucket to download a picture, I can never get the size right. I usually just ask for a mod's help. Within minutes, my 
Total Awards: 1

I like that the costumes have leggings-I know when I was younger freezing your hiney off in your costume was a real risk in MA in October.

And yesh, I'm reminded how old the kids in my life are that I don't have a dang clue what Monster High is (and holy cow, Cassie is 8?)!

Follow Wdwnotjustkids on Twitter
Old 10-04-2011, 01:43 PM
I can't tell you how often I wake up in the night and that's the first thing I think of

Tricia, I hear you on the age appropriateness. My daughter is Cassie's age and last year she wanted to be a vampire. I have no idea why I couldn't find a vampire costume for a little girl that wasn't "sexy".

I did end up finding one that we both agreed on, cost me a small fortune. Since my youngest wanted to wear his homemade Buzz Lightyear costume for the second year in a row I figured I came out on top.

I'm sure there is some way to compromise with her on the costume that will leave you both happy. Maybe she could get a pair of black pants and some glitter/glow paint and decorate them? find a snazzy top that isn't shaped like a corset and get the wig. Or if she does like the skirts, get a pair of leggings for under them, and compromise on the top. It bums me out how hard it has become to find appropriate clothes for our little girls.

I was thrilled that this year she wants to be a police officer.
"A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini put it on and stay strong." -Jennifer Love Hewitt
Old 10-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Sunshine Rewards Master
Awards Showcase
Friend in Need Award: This award winner has given of themself to a friend in need in the Sunshine Rewards community. - Issue reason: Lisa M I think would be a great recipient of this award...with everything she is going through now and still onboard SR giving advice and helping. 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholfamily5 View Post
Tricia, I hear you on the age appropriateness. My daughter is Cassie's age and last year she wanted to be a vampire. I have no idea why I couldn't find a vampire costume for a little girl that wasn't "sexy".

I did end up finding one that we both agreed on, cost me a small fortune. Since my youngest wanted to wear his homemade Buzz Lightyear costume for the second year in a row I figured I came out on top.

I'm sure there is some way to compromise with her on the costume that will leave you both happy. Maybe she could get a pair of black pants and some glitter/glow paint and decorate them? find a snazzy top that isn't shaped like a corset and get the wig. Or if she does like the skirts, get a pair of leggings for under them, and compromise on the top. It bums me out how hard it has become to find appropriate clothes for our little girls.

I was thrilled that this year she wants to be a police officer.
and maybe she can arrest the creeps that will stare at all the little girls dressed in these highly inappropriate costumes.
Yeah, I think they have lost their minds making everything sexy for our little girls!