Sunshine Rewards Forum Sunshine Rewards Members Login

Join Sunshine Rewards

Go Back   Sunshine Rewards Forum > Get Fit > Excercise and Strength Training

Old 08-02-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm a Sunshine Rewards Junkie

Default Anyone up for an August Exercise Challenge?

I've been inspired by the survey challenge thread! I figure if we can motivate and encourage each other to do surveys, maybe we can inspire each other to get moving.

I have about 10 pounds I'm trying to drop before my vacation. That's a mere 1 pound per week, which is very doable.

I have gotten my eating habits back on track, but now, I need to kickstart my exercising again. I had been doing really good (dropped about 15 pounds in 4 months at the beginning of the year!) but I never really got back on track after my spring break vacation.

My fitness goal this month is to do 1 mile per day on my elliptical machine. My best time ever was 8:07 so I can easily hit 1 mile in under 10 minutes. I can find 10 minutes in my day to get on that machine!!! I am going to try and do it when I get up in the morning. I'll hang my workout wear in the bathroom so it is right there for me to put on.

I've even started my ticker....

So, what's your goal? Taking the stairs instead of the elevator every day for a month? Walking the dog around the block before dinner? 50 jumping jacks? Ladies (and gentlemen!), you can find 5 minutes in your day to M-O-V-E. (That's my version of a pep talk)

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2011, 11:19 AM

Default August 2

1 mile in 9:03

Old 08-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Yes please. I am challenging myself to get to the gym 4 times a week. During that time I must lift weights and get in some cardio. I'm going to set my goal for 100 miles of cardio in any form at the gym.

Monday's are our day off so I'll be starting up tonight.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:15 PM
I just want to buy Disney stuff!
Awards Showcase
Friend in Need Award: This award winner has given of themself to a friend in need in the Sunshine Rewards community. - Issue reason: As many of us know Carla is an amazing cake designer. One day as I was looking at all of her cakes on Facebook I came across the cake pops that she makes. Because I was doing the favors for my nephew's upcoming rehearsal lunch, I decided I would love to h 
Total Awards: 1

I am focusing mostly on running with some strength training. My running goal is 35 miles/week. I started this last month and I ran 160 miles in July! I got in 6 miles yesterday and today, so already have 12 miles done for August! I'm aiming for 3 days a week of strength training and I'm at 1/3 for the week.

Great jog and keep it up!!!

Last edited by disney_girl; 08-04-2011 at 01:28 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Just back from the gym. 35 mins of cardio for 7 miles and 30 mins of weights for my legs.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:19 AM
Assistant to the Manager of Sunshine Rewards

I've been trying to do 5 days a week of at least 45 minutes. During good weeks, I'd like at least 7 workouts. That's including my treadmill desk. So far, so good the last couple of weeks. I've been doing Zumba 2 nights plus random runs and walks. The two things I need to focus on now are running more than walking and integrating some kind of pilates/core work.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:15 PM

Default August 3

1 mile: 8:17

WOW!! You ladies are fitness icons!

Even though I don't include it in my "workout", I do a lot of strength training while at work. I work a 14 hour shift on an ambulance so here's an example of what I "lift"...

...First-in bag : 35 pounds
...Cardiac monitor: 40 pounds
...both of those get carried in on almost every call, up and down the stairs, if applicable.

...stretcher (empty): 80 pounds
...stretcher (loaded): 80 pounds + whatever the pt weighs (average pt weighs about 180 pounds, but two people do the lifting)

I run an average of 10-12 calls per shift so, as you can see, I *do* get some weight training. This also does not include transferring the patients from our stretcher to the hospital bed, or vice versa. This is also the reason why I can't "overdo" my workouts. I really can't afford to go to work sore, or worse, injured.

Speaking of work....I gotta' go! Keep up the good work, ladies!

Old 08-04-2011, 01:22 PM

Default August 4

1 mile: 9:00

Dad-gum elliptical! Again, I started with about 30 seconds of level 1 before moving to level 3. The resistance suddenly increased so much that I could hardly move the pedals! I kept going as best as I could, but it took about 2 minutes of switching between level 1 and level 3 to finally get it working correctly. So, my time is a little higher than I would like, but I got a good sweat out of it and my legs are burning so it served its purpose.

Oh, and last night at work, I had 2 patients that were 300+ pounds so I got some good strength training in too!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2011, 01:32 PM
I just want to buy Disney stuff!
Awards Showcase
Friend in Need Award: This award winner has given of themself to a friend in need in the Sunshine Rewards community. - Issue reason: As many of us know Carla is an amazing cake designer. One day as I was looking at all of her cakes on Facebook I came across the cake pops that she makes. Because I was doing the favors for my nephew's upcoming rehearsal lunch, I decided I would love to h 
Total Awards: 1

Good job!!

I got in my 6 miles this morning. My weekly total is 29.5/35 so almost there! Also mowed the yard in this heat so that should count for something . I'm 2/3 on strength training for the week.

Keep moving!!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_girl View Post
Good job!!

I got in my 6 miles this morning. My weekly total is 29.5/35 so almost there! Also mowed the yard in this heat so that should count for something . I'm 2/3 on strength training for the week.

Keep moving!!