Sunshine Rewards Forum Sunshine Rewards Members Login

Join Sunshine Rewards

Go Back   Sunshine Rewards Forum > Trip Reports > Disney Trip Reports

Old 10-03-2011, 11:48 PM
I Know My Sunshine Rewards!

We did Muppet Vision 3D, which I love!

Then, it looks like we went to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play ground…that floor felt amazing on my tired feet!

Next was lunch at Sci-Fi Dine In Theater. I really enjoyed the atmosphere. My pictures didn’t turn out so well, it’s very dark, but that was perfect for a hot August day.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:48 PM

After lunch we used our Tower of Terror fastpasses…

…then did the drawing class in the animation building. We drew Donald Duck this time.

Right as we were walking out of that, it started to sprinkle. It rained everyday, and seemingly always when we were in DHS! We stopped at Starring Rolls and ate a snack under a patio umbrella as it poured rain.

This day I finally got my first and only nap of the trip, and it’s probably the best nap I’ve ever taken in my life! Tom woke me up after it stopped raining and we rented a pontoon boat at Poly’s marina. We drove around Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake for about an hour.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:49 PM

We had miraculously scored an Ohana reservation on Saturday for this night, so we pre-snacked in the Club Lounge then checked in for our dinner. There is a new policy at Ohana, they no longer accept walk ups, but instead they work on a standby system. You can show up and wait in a line, and if there is a no show or a table opens up, you may be seated. However, you could stand in line for hours and not get a table. The check in desk is also moved to the other side of the seating area to accommodate this standby line of people, so look for the check in desk near the elevators and gift shop, not its usual place near Kona and the restrooms.

After dinner, we went to Epcot to see IllumiNations.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:50 PM

We watched from the bridge between UK and France, then walked to the Boardwalk after it was over.

We caught a boat to Hollywood Studios for EMH and immediately got on Tower of Terror. Unfortunately, the second showing of Fantasmic let out while we were on the ride, so the line was too long for us to wait in a second time. We walked around some, but called it a night early.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Brand New Here

Nice trip report!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:32 AM

Day 4, almost done!

Tuesday morning came very quickly, and we had to get up on time. We monorailed from the Poly to the TTC so I could see what Halloween decorations they had put out overnight at the Magic Kingdom. Just bunting, it turned out.

From the TTC, we caught the monorail to Epcot and checked in for our Backstage Magic tour! Tom has done this tour a few times in the past, but this was my first time. We started off the tour by getting on a bus and driving to the back cast member area of Epcot. We got off the bus at America and had a discussion both outside the pavilion and inside the American Adventure pit. We got to see the animatronic carriage move as the show played. Tom and I both have theater backgrounds, so this was very exciting.

Next, we boarded the bus and drove behind the Magic Kingdom. Here, we visited Central Shops where all sorts of maintenance and creation happens…welding, painting, ride vehicle casting… This was really cool and we got to see pieces and parts of several ride vehicles in various stages of rehab. I think Tom was in heaven.

Next, we came out on Main Street near Town Square Theater.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:33 AM

We had a potty break by City Hall just as the Move It Shake It Celebrate It parade was coming out.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:34 AM

After this, we meandered down Main Street and quickly hit a few points that are also covered on Keys to the Kingdom. We then went down into the utilidors. I spent most of my time checking out all of the awesome displays and information they have on the walls for Cast Members.

Next up was lunch at Whispering Canyon Café. We sat with a family from the UK and a couple from North Carolina and talked Disney while we enjoyed the skillet and a special Backstage Magic fruit crumble dessert.

Everyone full, we loaded back onto the bus and went to Hollywood Studios. Here, we went into a maintenance bay on Tower of Terror and got to see a ride vehicle up close in the light. It’s no secret that Tower of Terror is my favorite ride, and Tom was most looking forward to this part. It was great, but over all too quickly.

We also visited costuming, part of which you can see from the Backlot Tour. We got to see lots of interesting costume drawings and items in production.

We then took off to our next destination, the parade barn for Animal Kingdom’s Mickey’s Jammin Jungle parade. Here, we walked through the parked floats behind prepped for that afternoon’s show.

Next, we went to horticulture. This is one backstage area we could take pictures in. We learned a little about how the parks are decked out in so many plants, and got to explore a topiary barn.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:35 AM

Finally, we ended our tour at a special parade viewing area for Mickey’s Jammin Jungle parade. I’m not the biggest fan of parades, but I set a personal record by watching two in one day!

Now, the tour was over and we were dropped off where it started, Epcot. We hopped in and rode Spaceship Earth. By this time, we needed to get to Hollywood Studios for dinner, so we caught a bus.

We were going to Fastpass Tower of Terror, but they were already gone for the day. So, we checked in at Hollywood & Vine.

There was a lot to try, and I got seconds of a few things. A standout dish for me was the pineapple ginger chicken. It didn’t taste like pineapple ginger to me, but reminded me of the food our Filipino neighbor cooked when I was a kid. In other words, mouth watering!

While we were eating, a downpour started outside. By the time we finished eating, it had slowed to a drizzle and stopped by the time we got to the bus stop.

The rest of the night didn’t go as planned. We were supposed to relax in the Club Lounge and watch the Electrical Water Pageant and Wishes from the Polynesian beach. Instead, it started pouring rain, we had problems with checking in for our flight, and we only saw Wishes and the EWP from obstructed locations inside the Club Lounge and our room. Not exactly the magical way we had planned to end our last night.

Last edited by dwkay8; 10-12-2011 at 10:41 AM..
Old 10-19-2011, 08:18 PM

The next morning we had originally planned to tour Fantasyland before coming back to the hotel and pack. Instead, we slept in! I got up and went to Captain Cooks to get some of that world famous Tonga Toast. Well, at least I can say I tried it. It’s hard-to-impossible to cut with a plastic knife. The taste is okay, but not something I’d go out of my way to eat. I ended up eating about half.

We packed up, headed to resort airline check in, checked our bags, and hopped on a monorail to Magic Kingdom.

First thing we ate lunch at Cosmic Rays. I had the turkey sandwich from Bay 3, which I think might be a new item. It was very good and my new go-to item at Cosmic Rays. After lunch we took a ride on the TTA, then got in line for Space Mountain, much to Tom’s dismay. Then we met up with one of Tom’s online Disney friends and they talked Disney nerd for a while.

Soon, we were nearing our Magical Express pick up time, so we dashed to Haunted Mansion for one last ride. Then, Tom stopped at Sleepy Hallow for an ice cream cookie sandwich. It was a monster!