Sunshine Rewards Forum Sunshine Rewards Members Login

Join Sunshine Rewards

Go Back   Sunshine Rewards Forum > Trip Reports > Disney Trip Reports

Old 09-26-2011, 10:03 PM
I Know My Sunshine Rewards!

Finally, Day 2!

After such a long day on Saturday, we were running about 30 minutes behind on Sunday morning. We seem to have this problem a lot! This was the first time we had the opportunity to take advantage of the Club Lounge breakfast. I had a croissants, Tom has a cinnamon roll, and juice for both of us. It was a quick and easy way to start the day, and much different from the poptarts weíre used to eating in our DVC room.

We walked to the TTC to catch a monorail to Epcot.

First thing we rode Test Track, which was great as always. Then we got a Fastpass for Soarin, rode Living with the Land, Nemo, did Turtle Talk, watched some mantees eat their lunch, then rode Imagination.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:04 PM

We then ate lunch at Sunshine Seasons (yum!) and used our Fastpasses on Soarin. Tom tried something he hadn’t had before, all I know was it was from the Asian grill and he liked it. I got my favorite sandwich, as usual, but still miss the focaccia bread.

Epcot was pretty dead, which was awesome. However, we really wanted to knock Epcot out and break at the room, so we rushed through World Showcase stopping to do Maelstrom and American Adventure. I made Tom sit through the last few minutes of the video after Maelstrom, and I’ll admit, it is pretty bad and needs an update.

Last edited by dwkay8; 09-26-2011 at 10:09 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2011, 10:05 PM

We also stopped for some kaki gori in Japan. It was hot, we needed it, and it hit the spot. The downside, itís served heaping in a cup! There is melting shaved ice all over this area. Donít try to eat this while walking, youíre bound to end up with a terrible mess on yourself!

Our break at the Poly didnít end up being very long (no nap for me!) before we hopped on a monorail to Magic Kingdom for our Liberty Tree Tavern dinner. Since our last visit, the menu changed a little. There is a new carrot and asparagus side, the ham was replaced with pork, and the dessert is now an apple craisin cake served a la mode.

On our way out of the Magic Kingdom, we stopped and got Fastpasses to meet Mickey and Minnie. The return times for Mickey and the Princesses was not far out and wait times were not long.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:06 PM

After a stop at the Club Lounge, we went back to the Magic Kingdom and used our Fastpasses to meet Mickey and Minnie. Loved the theme of the meet and greet area!

Next, we rode the railroad one full loop!

Old 09-26-2011, 10:06 PM

After that, we rode the TTA..

Öthen found a spot for round two of Magic, Memories and You and Wishes.

Then it was time for EMH! This was the busiest EMH Iíve ever done at MK. There were even several things open that arenít usually open for EMH. We waited for most things we did, but not really any longer than 15 minutes. We did Pirates, Splash Mountain (with ponchos cause weíre losers like that!), Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, and Buzz Lightyear. We hung out in the hub for a little bit, then EMH was over and we went back to the Poly. Another long day, we didnít get to bed until after 1:30.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:24 PM

Loved the Wishes pictures!

Sunshine Rewards
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2011, 12:11 PM

I have day three all ready to post, but I can't read my TR file on the computer I'm using. Hopefully this afternoon! Then I'll be over halfway done already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofree View Post
Loved the Wishes pictures!
I think I get the exact same pictures of Wishes each trip. The first one is my favorite fireworks sequence in the show, and the second one has enough light that my camera can capture a picture without changing the settings or using a tripod. I could probably compile a "Wishes Finale through the ages" slideshow
Old 10-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Loving your TR and pics, Kayla! Looking forward to your next installment.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:47 PM

Monday we were again running a little behind for Hollywood Studios. Once we got there, we first went to Toy Story Mania, only to discover it was closed due to a technical problem and Fastpasses were already to after 2 pm, later than we planned on staying.

We went to Tower of Terror, only to see a 50 minute wait. So we got Fastpasses for Tower and rode Great Movie Ride, which was walk on.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:47 PM

Tom wanted to do Backlot Tour, but it was so hot I said no way! So we walked around in the heat instead, haha!