Sunshine Rewards Forum Sunshine Rewards Members Login

Join Sunshine Rewards

Go Back   Sunshine Rewards Forum > Trip Reports > Disney Trip Reports

Old 09-14-2011, 10:00 PM
I Know My Sunshine Rewards!

Default Five whirlwind days in WDW!

We were originally scheduled to visit WDW in November, but in late June we changed our dates to August. What this means is that the trip was planned on relatively short notice, and we were busy up until hours before we left! We finished packing and got to bed sometime after midnight, then woke up at 5 am to catch our 7 am flight. We were absolutely stunned to see only around 30 people on out flight! The plane was practically a ghost town.

We arrived in Orlando around 9 and bee lined to Magical Express. In no time at all we were stepping off the bus at the Polynesian. We were staying Club Level for the first time, so we went to Bell Services and they gave us a brief tour of the resort on the way to the Hawaii building in a golf cart.

Our room was ready, so we ventured off to find our room. We were on the first floor so we started walking…and walking…and walking…watching the room numbers, wondering where the heck ours was! We were in the last room of the hallway and behind a return in the wall, so you couldn’t see our door until you were upon it.

We immediately went to the window/door to check out our view. We booked a Lagoon View, but we kind of got a Garden View with the landscaping around the end of the building, a Lagoon View, and an (obstructed) Theme Park View all rolled into one!

Since we used Magical Express’ bag service and we didn’t have anything to unpack, we headed out to the marina.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:03 PM

We caught a boat to the Magic Kingdom, then boarded a bus for Coronado Springs. After checking out Coronado, we hopped on a bus to Hollywood Studios.

We ate lunch at Backlot Express. It was peak lunch time, so we were stuck sitting at a small table right next to the soda area. That meant lots of traffic around us, but it also meant refills of Barqs root beer were just steps away!

Old 09-14-2011, 10:04 PM

After we finished lunch, a storm was brewing on the horizon, so we hightailed it the bus stop. The bus shared with the Contemporary, so when we noticed it wasn’t raining in the Magic Kingdom, we stopped there briefly.

Then we monorailed to the Polynesian and made our way to our room. Our bags had arrived, so we unpacked and relaxed on the patio.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:04 PM

As soon as the storm was over, we monorailed to the Magic Kingdom. It was absolutely dead!

The new old Tiki Room was first on our agenda. I really enjoyed it, it has all the exciting elements I love about Tiki Room, but isn’t too long.

We grabbed Fastpasses for Jungle Cruise, then went on Haunted Mansion. We experienced the new HM queue for the first time, and it was lots of fun. Also new since our last visit were improved hitchhiking ghosts. We loved them!

Next, we used our Jungle Cruise Fastpasses.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:05 PM

By then, we were hungry for dinner so we went to Columbia Harbor House. I ordered one of the new dishes on the menu, the Broccoli Peppercorn Salad. It was very good and filling. It had a large sliced chicken breast, broccoli, peas and corn.

After dinner we checked out Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor and had a good time as always.

We were planning on seeing the Main Street Electrical Parade this night, but missed it. However, we were certain to watch Magic, Memories and You followed by Wishes. The only way to end a night any better than that was to be watching it from a Wishes Dessert Party!

We were delighted to find our beds turned down and mint chocolates as part of Club Level’s turn down service. It was after midnight by the time we got to bed, nearly a 20 hour day. We slept like rocks!

Old 09-15-2011, 04:43 PM

Joining in!!! Can't wait to read more

Old 09-15-2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswheatly View Post
Joining in!!! Can't wait to read more
I'm hoping it doesn't take me a month to finish a 5 day report I was going to do day 2 today, but haven't had a chance to go through pictures. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have another installment!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:24 PM

Still waiting!!!! ;-)

Sunshine Rewards
Old 09-24-2011, 08:10 AM

Your pictures are great! Look forward to seeing the rest!
Old 09-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Sharing the Sunshine

Love your trip report and beautiful photos. It has been a month since we have been back from Poly CL too. It was a great experience as you know and have shown.
Sponsored Links