Sunshine Rewards Forum Sunshine Rewards Members Login

Join Sunshine Rewards

Go Back   Sunshine Rewards Forum > Member Chatter > Current Events

Old 08-31-2011, 08:47 AM
Always a silver lining!

Congrats! I know you will be great. Very excited for you.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2011, 11:57 PM
Sunshine Rewards Master
Awards Showcase
Friend in Need Award: This award winner has given of themself to a friend in need in the Sunshine Rewards community. - Issue reason: Lisa M I think would be a great recipient of this award...with everything she is going through now and still onboard SR giving advice and helping. 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
My other offer came through at the 11th hour today and I'm going to take it!!! It is closer to home and with a larger company with more career options. So I'm doing my drug test tomorrow and hopefully starting next week.
Yay!! Congrats! You should be proud of yourself. Your patience and persistence paid off!
Old 09-01-2011, 12:15 AM
I'm gonna have to pay more attention

Congratulations and best wishes!
Old 09-01-2011, 12:38 AM
Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Oh dear guys. I am too tired to tell you about my drug test today but yall will get a kick out of it. I will try to post about it tomorrow after I get some sleep.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:22 PM
All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

inquiring minds are still wondering...............
Old 09-07-2011, 10:44 PM
I'm flattered for some weird reason.
Awards Showcase
Share the Sunshine: This award is given to a member of the Sunshine Rewards community for helping other members with Sunshine Rewards issues. - Issue reason: As a moderator, Hedy usually stays quietly in the background. If there is a problem, she just fixes it. For example, everytime I use photobucket to download a picture, I can never get the size right. I usually just ask for a mod's help. Within minutes, my 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
Oh dear guys. I am too tired to tell you about my drug test today but yall will get a kick out of it. I will try to post about it tomorrow after I get some sleep.

Follow Wdwnotjustkids on Twitter
Old 09-07-2011, 11:27 PM

Sorry I went straight to Baton Rouge for the weekend and got in late Sunday with 2 sick dogs.

Anywho - the drug test

For some reason I cannot pee in a cup. It is a nightmare that I try to avoid at all costs. I'm still scarred from the time I had to deal with a catheter at the doctors office 8 years ago.

So when I received my offer I had exactly one week to go and do this darn test. Since I wanted to go to BR and it was a holiday weekend it was either do it before I left or the last day when I returned. I figured get it over with and woke up all ready to go. Then I remembered I needed the paperwork from my email.

So I turn the laptop on and start drinking my bottled water. Lo and behold, the internet decides to stop working and I miss my appointment. Whatever I'll walk in.

So I plug into the wall and pull up the email attachments and pick view rather than download run upstairs and try to print. No go. Lovely. Run downstairs again to plug in and download everything this time around. Finally get it all printed but by now I'm sweating. So I drink another bottle of water.

I go downtown, make a few blocks and find street/metered parking. Assuming this is the same lab I usually go to, I figure an hour of street parking is all I need. So I pay and go sign in. And then I find out nope only blood tests here. I must go 2 blocks south to another building for the drug test. Fine.

So I go back to the car, follow the street signs and find the other building only to learn it was literally right behind the building I was just in. So I repark and hike it to the new lab. I still had 45 minutes and figured I was good.

I arrive and of course there are 5 people there in front of me and 1 worker. So 30 minutes pass because there is just 1 worker and 1 restroom and I finally get in. Then the girl starts drawing on the cup and doing all kinds of crap in the computer and gets me flustered. So of course it was a fail. Lovely.

So I'm sent back out to go drink water. I should have gone and put more money in the meter but I decided to chance it. 30 minutes later and 3 more 20oz bottles of water, I attempt to try again. This time the receptionist dude decides to done a coat and start helping out. Why he didn't do this before I don't know.

So I'm taken back and he starts marking on the cup and telling me 1 have 1 more chance after this or I will fail, I only have 3 hours to get this done, and I've drank too much water and diluted myself. So I was a wreck because I wasn't told any of this before and this guy is just waiting to fail me. So I go back out. Finally decide to check on my car making sure to jog over and lo and behold, I have a ticket on my windshield. Lovely.

So I drive the block to find the actual parking garage and along the way I make sure to drive over train tracks and speed bumps. Anything to speed this thing up. Then I go and eat lunch at the little shop in the building. By then I've had 60 oz of water and 12 oz of diet coke and figure it is now or never hoping I didn't get fired before I even got to start my job.

Luckily I got the girl again as Mr. Arsehole took off his coat and was sitting at the receptionist desk again. So I was able to get the test done but it ended up being an expensive and very anxious experience. $30 ticket, $5 in bottled water, $1.50 meter parking, $6 garage parking, $8 lunch
Old 09-07-2011, 11:28 PM

Sorry I went straight to Baton Rouge for the weekend and got in late Sunday with 2 sick dogs.

Anywho - the drug test

For some reason I cannot pee in a cup. It is a nightmare that I try to avoid at all costs. I'm still scarred from the time I had to deal with a catheter at the doctors office 8 years ago.

So when I received my offer I had exactly one week to go and do this darn test. Since I wanted to go to BR and it was a holiday weekend it was either do it before I left or the last day when I returned. I figured get it over with and woke up all ready to go. Then I remembered I needed the paperwork from my email.

So I turn the laptop on and start drinking my bottled water. Lo and behold, the internet decides to stop working and I miss my appointment. Whatever I'll walk in.

So I plug into the wall and pull up the email attachments and pick view rather than download run upstairs and try to print. No go. Lovely. Run downstairs again to plug in and download everything this time around. Finally get it all printed but by now I'm sweating. So I drink another bottle of water.

I go downtown, make a few blocks and find street/metered parking. Assuming this is the same lab I usually go to, I figure an hour of street parking is all I need. So I pay and go sign in. And then I find out nope only blood tests here. I must go 2 blocks south to another building for the drug test. Fine.

So I go back to the car, follow the street signs and find the other building only to learn it was literally right behind the building I was just in. So I repark and hike it to the new lab. I still had 45 minutes and figured I was good.

I arrive and of course there are 5 people there in front of me and 1 worker. So 30 minutes pass because there is just 1 worker and 1 restroom and I finally get in. Then the girl starts drawing on the cup and doing all kinds of crap in the computer and gets me flustered. So of course it was a fail. Lovely.

So I'm sent back out to go drink water. I should have gone and put more money in the meter but I decided to chance it. 30 minutes later and 3 more 20oz bottles of water, I attempt to try again. This time the receptionist dude decides to done a coat and start helping out. Why he didn't do this before I don't know.

So I'm taken back and he starts marking on the cup and telling me 1 have 1 more chance after this or I will fail, I only have 3 hours to get this done, and I've drank too much water and diluted myself. So I was a wreck because I wasn't told any of this before and this guy is just waiting to fail me. So I go back out. Finally decide to check on my car making sure to jog over and lo and behold, I have a ticket on my windshield. Lovely.

So I drive the block to find the actual parking garage and along the way I make sure to drive over train tracks and speed bumps. Anything to speed this thing up. Then I go and eat lunch at the little shop in the building. By then I've had 60 oz of water and 12 oz of diet coke and figure it is now or never hoping I didn't get fired before I even got to start my job.

Luckily I got the girl again as Mr. Arsehole took off his coat and was sitting at the receptionist desk again. So I was able to get the test done but it ended up being an expensive and very anxious experience. $30 ticket, $5 in bottled water, $1.50 meter parking, $6 garage parking, $8 lunch
Old 09-08-2011, 09:56 AM
All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Wow that wasn't a great day or experience. I too hate doing those tests. For some reason I get all nervous too. Glad to hear that you passed the test and got the job!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:28 AM
I Know My Sunshine Rewards!

You couldn't make up a story like that if you tried! Well, at least at all worked out in the end. Congratulations on the new job!