Sunshine Rewards Forum Sunshine Rewards Members Login

Join Sunshine Rewards

Go Back   Sunshine Rewards Forum > Get Fit > Excercise and Strength Training

Old 08-22-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm a Sunshine Rewards Junkie

I got out of work an hour late last night (this morning) so I didn't get into bed until 7am. My kiddos decided that 10:30 would be an appropriate time to start having a spirited game of something on the Wii which, apparently, had a lot to cheer about. So, after a couple more hours of broken sleep, I finally dragged myself out of bed at 12:45. I was looking for *ANY* reason to skip the elliptical today. I have to leave for work at 2 so I **really** did not want to put my weary self through a run before returning for another 14+ hour shift on about 4 hours of sleep....

...but I did it!!

1 Mile: 8:34

Now, I can go to work knowing that I accomplished my goal for the day.

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2011, 05:52 PM

I tried something new today. I still ran my mile, but I did it in 1/4 mile "bursts". I started with a dead-sprint (100%) on level 3 for 1/4 mile. I finished it in just under 2 minutes. Then, I stopped the timer and took about a minute to catch my breath. Then, I upped the elliptical to level 5 and did another 1/4 mile at a "hard" pace, probably about 85% of my max. I took another "breather" for about 2 minutes this time...it took longer to get my wind back. For the next 1/4 mile, I did level 3 again at about a 90% pace. I stopped for only 1 minute then sprinted my last 1/4 mile on level 3. All total, it took 7:22 to do the actual "running" time, but I had about 4 minutes worth of breaks.

I think I like this way better. I don't get bored and I like the little "bursts" of energy that the sprints give me.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:21 PM

Default August 24

1 Mile: 8:04

I did it without stopping completely. I did do my first 1/4 mile "hard" then I slowed down, but didn't stop, until I caught my breath. Then I did a "moderate" 1/2 mile and finished up with a "hard" 1/4 mile. It is so humid here (85% or something like that) so I am sweating up a storm After last month's $250 electric bill, I don't want to run the A/C. So, I ran in the sauna.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:46 PM
I just want to buy Disney stuff!
Awards Showcase
Friend in Need Award: This award winner has given of themself to a friend in need in the Sunshine Rewards community. - Issue reason: As many of us know Carla is an amazing cake designer. One day as I was looking at all of her cakes on Facebook I came across the cake pops that she makes. Because I was doing the favors for my nephew's upcoming rehearsal lunch, I decided I would love to h 
Total Awards: 1

Good job! Every other day I do something similar with fast sprints mixed in with a little slower recovery- I really do like it!

My husband was off Monday so we got outside and ran 4 miles- man it was HOT!! Yesterday I was just off and couldn't get into my run but managed 30 minutes. Today was much better and I did 5 miles at a good pace. Glad to finally be getting back into a groove!
Old 08-25-2011, 11:41 PM

Default August 25

Changed it up a lot today...I actually "ran" a mile...on the road! I've never done that before. I left the house and looked at the clock before I left. When I returned, 14 minutes had elapsed. My husband has a Garmin GPS that he runs with (it's like a watch with a heart rate monitor and such...) and he said that my route was 0.95 miles. So, I did an extra loop around the cul-de-sac! I had to do a combination of jog/sprint/speed walk because, for some reason, I developed a sharp pain in my right hip flexor. I never noticed it on the elliptical, but it hit me shortly after I started my first "jog". I'm not sure what it is, but it never got better...only worse...which is why I ended up doing more speed-walking than running. I always stretch before any exercise so I don't think that is it. Oh well, I'll just take some ibuprofen before bed and a little cold water in the hot water bottle and I should be fine. Might be hard to do the elliptical tomorrow though....

Old 08-26-2011, 01:16 PM

Default August 26

1 Mile: 8:06...a little cheating

I did 1/4 mile, stopped the clock, hopped off and did 10 tricep extensions and 10 bicep curls...

...hopped back on, started the clock and did another 1/4 mile...

...stopped the clock, 10 more extensions, 10 more curls...

...started the clock and did the last 1/2 mile...

...then did 10 more extensions and 10 more curls

So the time isn't exactly accurate, but my "pauses" we about 45 seconds each so, all in all, I am OK with it.

I am still a little sore from yesterday, mainly in my quads and shins, but I *know* I'll be feeling it tomorrow. It usually takes 2 days until my muscles start aching after a new workout. I'm hoping for a light weekend at work...yeah, right.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:16 PM

1 Mile: 8:32

Made it straight through...no pauses...

Off to work now!

Old 08-28-2011, 11:38 PM

Default August 28

I had to wait almost all day to get my knee pain and headache down to a bearable level. I was able to still turn in a respectable time for myself...

1 Mile: 8:58

Not my best, but since I "walked" (about 50rpm) the first 1/4 mile, I am elated that I broke 9 minutes. I usually try to keep my rpm's above 70 for the whole time so that first 1/4 mile really hurt my overall time.

I really need to get to bed. First day of school tomorrow so it's up at 6:15am so I can get my "run" in before getting the girls up and ready.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2011, 06:55 AM

Default August 29

Up early and knocked out my mile!

1 Mile: 8:12

My new exercise song is "American Pie" by Don McLean. It is 8:28 so I try to get my whole mile in before the end of the song. It's hard because the song gets so slow at the end and that is usually when I have to kick it up a notch.

ONE MORE MILE UNTIL MY GOAL!!!!

Old 08-29-2011, 10:13 AM
I just want to buy Disney stuff!
Awards Showcase
Friend in Need Award: This award winner has given of themself to a friend in need in the Sunshine Rewards community. - Issue reason: As many of us know Carla is an amazing cake designer. One day as I was looking at all of her cakes on Facebook I came across the cake pops that she makes. Because I was doing the favors for my nephew's upcoming rehearsal lunch, I decided I would love to h 
Total Awards: 1

DH is off today so after dropping the kiddo off at school, we got in a 5 mile run! It's already warm but we had some unusual cloud coverage which was nice! Feel so much better when I can get my workout done first thing in the morning!