Sunshine Rewards Forum Sunshine Rewards Members Login

Join Sunshine Rewards

Go Back   Sunshine Rewards Forum > Get Fit > Healthy Living

Old 01-28-2008, 10:34 AM
I'm a Sunshine Rewards Junkie

My kids like fish sticks too but I like them to get more than just "minced fish"

So I take tilapia fillets and spray both sides with spray butter, make a mixture of soft bread crumbs, a little seasoning salt and some lemon pepper to coat them with.

Then place on a baking pan (sprayed with cooking spray) and cook in the oven at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes (until the fish flakes easily with a fork).

They love it and it's super quick to make!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Sunshine Rewards Master

Here it is - this recipe is super fast, super easy and super tasty!!

Parmesan Herb Baked Flounder

4 (6 oz) Flounder Fillets (any light white fish will work - I use Tilapia)
Cooking Spray
1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
2 tbsp minced green onions - I have left these out until DD was ready for them
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

1) Preheat oven to 400.
2) Place fish on a foil lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Combine cheese, mayo and onions; spread evenly over fish. Combine bread crumbs and remaining ingredients; spinkle evenly over fish. Lightly coat fish with cooking spray (you need to do this to get the bread crumbs to brown). Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. (I usually cook it about 12 minutes.)

I love this recipe!! I hope you all enjoy it too!!

Karn

Member #4187
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2008, 12:51 AM
I Know My Sunshine Rewards!

Send a message via Yahoo to Anna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycha View Post
What type of fish are you talking about?

A good tip is the 10 min per inch rule. For each inch of thickness of the fish, cook(bake or grill) the fish at 400-450 degrees for 10 minutes. So, get out your ruler and measure at the thickest point of the fish.

Also, using a moist cooking method(poaching, steaming) is the most forgiving. I would just put the fish, some veggies, a couple tablespoons olive oil, a squirt of lemon juice, salt and pepper in a foil packet. Either bake or grill at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes. Very tasty!
This is what I do and we love it!!
Old 02-18-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm a Sunshine Rewards Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
Fish Tacos!!! I throw some tilapia in some foil pouches and lightly spray with butter and sprinkle the taco seasoning on each side and cook as directed on the package. Then fix like you would a normal taco. They are awesome.
Thanks Catherine! I made fish tacos the other day and they were incredible. I will definitely be making them again.

Before preparing the fish, I coated a grill pan with Pam and put on the grill to get hot. The grill pan is like a small cookie sheet with evenly spaced holes. If I put the fish right on the grill, it would probably fall down into the fire. So, for something small like fish or veggies, I use a grill pan. If you don't have one, you can make one with a couple layers of aluminum and poke a few holes in it.

Anyway, then I lightly coated tilapia filets with taco seasoning. And put the filets on the sizzling hot grill pan(about 300 degrees). I cooked them on one side for about 4 minutes, flipped and cooked the other side for another 4 minutes. Then I served them with regular taco fixin's. Delish!! You could fry the filets in a pan that have been sprayed with Pam if that is easier for you.