Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disney Visa Question

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I got the survey too and got kicked out after they asked the question "would I be willing to pay an annual fee to use the card" when I said NO, that ended the survey. I don't want to pay any fees either, I like the card just the way it is.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I would do it for a once a year fee of $49 IF there was no limit on the amount of reward dollars you could earn on the card per calendar year. It would be worth it for me for the 2X rewards, since I pay everything I can on it and pay it off every month.
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    I would do it for a once a year fee of $49 IF there was no limit on the amount of reward dollars you could earn on the card per calendar year. It would be worth it for me for the 2X rewards, since I pay everything I can on it and pay it off every month.
    I agree with you, I would definitely do it if they didn't limit the amount. I also put everything on this card and pay it off at the end of the month...it pays for almost two annual passes for us every year and if they 2x some of the rewards, it would be well worth it.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

I agree that if there wasn't a limit to the amount of reward dollars that you can earn, it would be worth it to have the card with the $49 annual fee. We put everything on the card and pay it off at the end of the month.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

I feel the same way as you guys because I pay mine off every month too. I don't think it said anything about there being a yearly cap for the rewards.

For me, I seem to get the postcard in the mail alot for the bonus points already, w/o having to pay the annual fee. Sometimes the monthly cap is higher than others, so it doesn't work out to too many points. I'd like to be guaranteed the points with the premier card.
    Melissa

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Weluvdisny View Post
    I feel the same way as you guys because I pay mine off every month too. I don't think it said anything about there being a yearly cap for the rewards.

For me, I seem to get the postcard in the mail alot for the bonus points already, w/o having to pay the annual fee. Sometimes the monthly cap is higher than others, so it doesn't work out to too many points. I'd like to be guaranteed the points with the premier card.
    I don't know about the yearly cap anymore...I guess I am going to have to call...Cate said in an earlier post that she thinks they changed this. As far as the extra reward dollars that you get offers for in the mail, the only time this has really worked significantly to my advantage is when I got one right before we went to Disney two years ago and I still hadn't purchased my plant tickets. Otherwise, I just don't spend enough in gas, groceries and eating out to make it worthwhile. However, 2x reward on all overall purchases without a cap would definitely be worth $49 per year.
    Sunshine Rewards

From the Earning Rewards section of the FAQ on the Disney Visa webpage:

Is there a limit to the number of Disney Dream Reward Dollars I can earn?

There is no limit to the number of Disney Dream Reward Dollars you can earn in this program.

It also answers how long points take to expire:

Disney Dream Reward Dollars in your Disney Rewards® account will expire 5 years from the date they are earned (and posted to your account).
    while

Disney Dream Reward Dollars transferred onto a Disney Rewards® Redemption Card expire on the expiration date printed on the rewards card.
    Last edited by mollyeilis; 07-26-2011 at 08:07 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    From the Earning Rewards section of the FAQ on the Disney Visa webpage:

It also answers how long points take to expire:

while
    Thanks!~
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    Yes, that is what I always do. I transfer all my reward dollars over, then when I hit whatever amount I am striving for I go online and use the rewards points for a giftcard.

I just transferred another $100 in rewards today...after this month's billing cyle I might have enough to transfer another $100...maybe 2 billing cycles (I did leave some rewards in my account) then when I have $500 on my rewards card I will buy a $500 giftcard! Yay!
    Has anyone tried this recently? I have a lot of Disney dollars that start to expire the end of this year. I would really like to plan a trip this year but we are saving for a Disney cruise in 2013. I would really like to save the dollars that are going to expire.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

I have. You can go The Disney Store website and order gift cards and pay with your redemption card (you'll enter the card number).

There have been times I have money left on my redemption card after a Disney trip (I sometimes use it to pay my bill on the last day). I turn those extra points into a gift card at the store. Of course, it has to be even amounts like $25, $50, etc.