Thread: Greenfield survey not teen friendly

Default Greenfield survey not teen friendly

Just would like to vent if I may. I pulled up a Greenfiled survey for movies. It wanted a teenage child. My son is 14. He filled out all the presurvey stuff, answered some standard questions about going to the movies, TV shows, etc. Then it wanted him to preview a movie trailer. This ended up being for a rated R thriller movie.

Now, although the trailer didn't bother him as well as not being the type of movie he'd like to see, I thought it was wrong for this to even go that far since they not only had his age but had previous shown no interest in any of the thriller movies it asked if he'd be interested in. I know this is all computer generated and all but his age should have been a red flag.

I would just say to make sure you always keep an eye out for what survey your child is doing since it may start out just fine but then it could ask or show some things you wouldn't fine age appropriate.

{soapbox put away} On a side note, he did get me $.75

I have had those with my older daughter, too. When they are surveying R rated movies you would think they would not be asking for a 14 year old girl to take the survey. I always stick around for the surveys and when it gets like that I usually tell her to close out and I will try another one. I also get frustrated when they specifically ask "Is your 13-15 year old female child available to take a survey" and you call them in to take it, they click 2 questions- age and gender, and then you get screened out of the survey.
    Super Member Since 1Q13, and 2 time Super Member Plus

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards