Thread: Benefit Cosmetics

Hybrid View

That's great to hear! I'm usually a Sephora shopper but love good makeup. I'll have to try them out.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBorealis View Post
    Woot! I saw Benefit on the home page today! Thanks!

I *love* Benefit. Their creaseless cream shadow/liners are AMAZING and truly do not crease and I can't live without my Badgal mascara! Thanks for making it even sweeter to shop through their site!
    What are your favorite colors in this cream shadow? I ordered one a while back from Sephora in Strut....omg, it is so dark...makes me look like I have a black eye! The other colors are mostly in the pink family and I don't know if I would like them or not and don't want to look like I have pink eye either? Any suggestions?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    What are your favorite colors in this cream shadow? I ordered one a while back from Sephora in Strut....omg, it is so dark...makes me look like I have a black eye! The other colors are mostly in the pink family and I don't know if I would like them or not and don't want to look like I have pink eye either? Any suggestions?
    Ohh, Strut is dark! I had Skinny Jeans and it was too dark for me.

I'm a pale, natural redhead and I tend to gravitate towards warmer colors. I can wear some, but not all, pinks and I think there are several good colors. What I like about Benefit is they put their colors into collections represented by their vintage mannequins. Lana is light, Gabbi is medium shades, and Betty is dark shades. It helps take the guess work out of choosing colors. Oddly, this is no longer featured on the Benefit site, but is quite clear on Sephora if you want to reference it.

I'm a huge Sephora shopper too, but I like ordering directly from Benefit because they always have free shipping codes on the site and usually include a free full-sized product with each order along with the samples. Sephora carries brands I can't find anywhere else, so they still get my business!

I'm a huge, huge fan of Birthday Suit. It is described as "brushed chrome" which I think is misleading. I think of chrome as a silver but this is more of a golden taupe (on the cool side) and gives a sexy "my-skin-but-better" look. I think it is universally flattering, too. It is neutral and subtle and very work-appropriate. (I have a conservative work environment.) It looks as good on me as it does on my Indian co-worker who has the most beautiful golden brown skin.

Another favorite is Marry-Up which is a lovely burnished copper. It is limited edition and sold out on Benefit but still available on Sephora. (SR has a Sephora increase, I might order a backup!) I like this because it can be buffed down to a sheer wash or layered for a bold pop of color. I'll wear it as an eyeliner to work, or buff it down to a wash for work and then layer it when I go out at night. It works really well with my pale skin and really enhances my green eyes.

I also like RSVP which is a nice champagne color. It is good as an all-over color or as a highlight. It is neutral and pretty.

Honey Bunny is a warm nude and slightly less shimmery than others and has very good pigmentation. This also makes a good primer for other colors.

Sippin' n Dippin' is a peachy-gold that changes depending on how the light hits it. It is fun for summer, but another one that I consider too bold for work.

Bunny Hop is a very pale silvery-pink. However, I only use this as a base because the color barely shows up on me (let alone on anyone with darker skin.) It gives shimmer, but barely any color. I'm the only one I know who likes this color. It is also limited edition and currently on sale on the Benefit site.

I like to use Stiletto as an eyeliner. It is a lovely aubergine and enhances my green eyes. The Benefit Talent Brush is a must have with these shadows. I use the flat side on my lid and turn it on edge to line my eyes.

Busy Signal is a beautiful rich brown and looks good on my friends but was just too dark for me to use which is a bummer because I really wanted to use it!

There are a few I did not like. Pre-Nup (bright metallic silver pink-- no, no, no!) Skinny Jeans (too cool grey and dark for me, but lovely on friend with cooler, darker coloring) Get Figgy (too silvery-purple which made me look sick and bruised. It is beautiful in the pot, though, and would probably be perfect for somebody who with the right coloring.)

I have not tried them all and have my eye on a few new limited edition shades like Recess and Samba-dy Loves Me. The eyeshadows are all shimmery and some might be described as metallic. The more you layer, the more shimmer and color you will get.

Benefit recently reformulated their powder shadows and I've been hearing good things about them. The only color they kept from the old formula is Buckle Bunny which is one of my all-time favorites. It is described as "rose mocha" and I think that is a perfect description. I can't wait to check out the rest of the line.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by AuroraBorealis; 07-11-2009 at 04:52 PM.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I'm a pale, natural redhead and I tend to gravitate towards warmer colors. I can wear some, but not all, pinks and I think there are several good colors. What I like about Benefit is they put their colors into collections represented by their vintage mannequins. Lana is light, Gabbi is medium shades, and Betty is dark shades. It helps take the guess work out of choosing colors. Oddly, this is no longer featured on the Benefit site, but is quite clear on Sephora if you want to reference it.

I'm a huge Sephora shopper too, but I like ordering directly from Benefit because they always have free shipping codes on the site and usually include a free full-sized product with each order along with the samples. Sephora carries brands I can't find anywhere else, so they still get my business!

I'm a huge, huge fan of Birthday Suit. It is described as "brushed chrome" which I think is misleading. I think of chrome as a silver but this is more of a golden taupe (on the cool side) and gives a sexy "my-skin-but-better" look. I think it is universally flattering, too. It is neutral and subtle and very work-appropriate. (I have a conservative work environment.) It looks as good on me as it does on my Indian co-worker who has the most beautiful golden brown skin.

Another favorite is Marry-Up which is a lovely burnished copper. It is limited edition and sold out on Benefit but still available on Sephora. (SR has a Sephora increase, I might order a backup!) I like this because it can be buffed down to a sheer wash or layered for a bold pop of color. I'll wear it as an eyeliner to work, or buff it down to a wash for work and then layer it when I go out at night. It works really well with my pale skin and really enhances my green eyes.

I also like RSVP which is a nice champagne color. It is good as an all-over color or as a highlight. It is neutral and pretty.

Honey Bunny is a warm nude and slightly less shimmery than others and has very good pigmentation. This also makes a good primer for other colors.

Sippin' n Dippin' is a peachy-gold that changes depending on how the light hits it. It is fun for summer, but another one that I consider too bold for work.

Bunny Hop is a very pale silvery-pink. However, I only use this as a base because the color barely shows up on me (let alone on anyone with darker skin.) It gives shimmer, but barely any color. I'm the only one I know who likes this color. It is also limited edition and currently on sale on the Benefit site.

I like to use Stiletto as an eyeliner. It is a lovely aubergine and enhances my green eyes. The Benefit Talent Brush is a must have with these shadows. I use the flat side on my lid and turn it on edge to line my eyes.

Busy Signal is a beautiful rich brown and looks good on my friends but was just too dark for me to use which is a bummer because I really wanted to use it!

There are a few I did not like. Pre-Nup (bright metallic silver pink-- no, no, no!) Skinny Jeans (too cool grey and dark for me, but lovely on friend with cooler, darker coloring) Get Figgy (too silvery-purple which made me look sick and bruised. It is beautiful in the pot, though, and would probably be perfect for somebody who with the right coloring.)

I have not tried them all and have my eye on a few new limited edition shades like Recess and Samba-dy Loves Me. The eyeshadows are all shimmery and some might be described as metallic. The more you layer, the more shimmer and color you will get.

Benefit recently reformulated their powder shadows and I've been hearing good things about them. The only color they kept from the old formula is Buckle Bunny which is one of my all-time favorites. It is described as "rose mocha" and I think that is a perfect description. I can't wait to check out the rest of the line.

Hope that helps!
    Thank you, that was a big help. The only thing besides that horrid strut color that I've tried was FYeye and I love that. In shadows I like grey/blue which I wear almost daily, taupe/light brown, blue/purple etc. I will have to take another look at the site and decide which ones I want to try. I used to get their catalog and found a lot of stuff I wanted to try but never got around to placing an order....now that SR has added it.....I think I'm in trouble!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Thank you, that was a big help. The only thing besides that horrid strut color that I've tried was FYeye and I love that. In shadows I like grey/blue which I wear almost daily, taupe/light brown, blue/purple etc. I will have to take another look at the site and decide which ones I want to try. I used to get their catalog and found a lot of stuff I wanted to try but never got around to placing an order....now that SR has added it.....I think I'm in trouble!
    I'm happy I could help! I love FYEye-- it is a really good primer. Sometimes I wear it alone just to even out my lids. I really like the scent, too.

Benefit has reformulated a lot of their stuff recently. They discontinued my favorite lipgloss, but hopefully the new formulas are worth it.

Have fun!

Hope that helps!
    you should work in marketing for this company! you really have a way with words!

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    you should work in marketing for this company! you really have a way with words!
    Thanks! I promise I don't work for Benefit (I'm a librarian!) but I really like certain products. Some of their products I wouldn't recommend to anyone, but I really love the color and textures of their cream shadows and lip colors. I've been using some Benefit products for years.

Thanks! I promise I don't work for Benefit (I'm a librarian!) but I really like certain products. Some of their products I wouldn't recommend to anyone, but I really love the color and textures of their cream shadows and lip colors. I've been using some Benefit products for years.
    well, that certainly explains your way with words!