Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatar themed land coming to AK

Default Avatar themed land coming to AK

This news is spreading like wildfire. Today it was announced on the Disney Parks Blog that an Avatar theme land will be constructed in Animal Kingdom. Read the blog post here.

I'm feeling very conflicted about the news - excited something new and hopefully amazing is coming to Animal Kingdom, but disappointed it's an outside concept. What do you all think? Will you spend more time in Animal Kingdom once this land opens?
    Kayla

I would probably be more excited if I liked Avatar.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Hah! There are going to be a lot of WDW fans who feel that same way. That is definitely a down fall of going with an established concept that didn't originate inside the company. People are already going to have pre-conceived notions about it, and a lot of them won't be good.

I think I'm most excited that there is something new coming to Animal Kingdom, not that something Avatar is coming to WDW. My biggest hope with this announcement is that PM EMH comes back to AK when it opens However, with a start date for construction of 2013, I'll have to wait a while to find that out!
    Kayla

Disappointing...couldn't they have done better than that?

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Don't care for Avitar, so I'm kind of disappointed. Will probably go once to check it out but it will make no difference with the amount of time we spend at AK which happens to be our least favorite park at WDW.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Not a big fan of Avatar....so we really don't care. I am very disappointed with Disney also. I think they could do better!
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

yuck
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Exactly!

Disney is obviously trying to compete against Harry Potter at WoA but I don't think Avatar has the popularity or staying power. Not really a fan of either - just an observation.

I'm more for pirates or bringing back the Adventures' Club!
    ShanPooh

Sunshine Rewards Member #6059

I agree that it would have been better to have added something that was originally a Disney project instead of an outside project. That said, I am excited to see something new though. Hopefully, some great new attractions are being planned for it. I'm not really seeing how that would fit into the Animal Kingdom theme unless they had giraffes on Avatar.
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge

This seems to be a pretty divisive topic on the fan community. In fact, I've stopped following discussions on it.

I think Tom Staggs addressed a lot of questions/objections in his Q&A.

I think I will be more excited to follow developments on this than I was/am for Fantasyland expansion. I've always been a fan of sci-fi, so I'm excited to see what the combination of sci-fi and Disney creates.
    Kayla