Thread: Renting DVC points

Default Renting DVC points

So, if I was considering a WDW trip and wanted to consider renting DVC pts. (which I have done in the past) where is the best place to look? I have rented through the DIS before, but I'm wondering where else I can look for a decent price on pts.

Not even thinking we can really do it right now...but maybe...
    Sunshine Rewards

There is a sponsor on the DisBoards (David's Vacation Club Rentals or something like that...) and he rents points for $13/point. I've read he offers "last-minute" deals via e-mail that go as low as $9/point.

Beware when renting points....pretty soon, you'll find yourself OWNING them.

Quote Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
    There is a sponsor on the DisBoards (David's Vacation Club Rentals or something like that...) and he rents points for $13/point. I've read he offers "last-minute" deals via e-mail that go as low as $9/point.

Beware when renting points....pretty soon, you'll find yourself OWNING them.
    Wow, $13 per point seems pretty hefty to me. I have seen deals for $9 pp at times, but they usually go pretty quickly. I don't think I can go anyway...just playing around with numbers.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    Wow, $13 per point seems pretty hefty to me. I have seen deals for $9 pp at times, but they usually go pretty quickly. I don't think I can go anyway...just playing around with numbers.
    $13 is very high, but is because you are going through a company that resells points for owners. The most I have ever paid is $10 per point, but that is going through individuals and there is some risk involved (though using paypal makes me feel pretty safe). David's is a service that buys points from DVC owners and then rents them out for them so they have costs that they have to cover which makes their points more expensive. There is no risk involved for the buyer b/c it is a sure thing from David's company.

There are last minute specials that come out most months, the one for May just came out yesterday. You have to be on his email list, typically the points are only for SSR, and there is a point minimum. Like this time it was $8 per point, minimum 44 points, at SSR for certain dates. Those specials go fast.

I have rented on the DIS but there is a lot of competition for points there. Lately I have been renting at mouseowners.com.

HTH
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Thank you. I have rented through the DIS before too with no problems at all, but a "sure think" is always nice. I'll look into getting onto the e-mail list to get the specials. Thanks for the other site suggestion as well.
    Sunshine Rewards