Thread: Questions about Disney Infinity game

Default Questions about Disney Infinity game

Does anyone play this game and can explain it to me? We are getting a Wii U for a family gift for Christmas and I wanted to get this game, I'm just not sure that I understand how it works.

Target has the Disney Infinity Toy Box 2.0 Starter pack on pre-order for $59.99 with Merida & Stitch characters plus 1 free character. The Marvel set (also Toy Box 2.0 starter pack) is $75 which has 3 characters in the box.

It says both starter packs include the same "Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) Video Game Disc/Software", but each set mentions games affiliated with the characters included in the set.

Do each of the separately purchased characters come with their own set of games/worlds? My son would love the Marvel characters, but my daughter Merida and Stitch. And what are the Power Disk packs (no character included)?

Thank you for any explanation/help you can give. I looked at the Disney infinity website and that was little help without ever seeing the game in play.
    ~Amy
    Sunshine Rewards

It's like Skylanders, if you have ever played that game.

Characters and discs come with their own worlds and items. So, yes you would have to purchase a few to get some different game play.

There are some built in quests that you can do, and then there is a lot of free play and building that can be done.

We purchased the 1.0 and plan to upgrade to 2.0 for Christmas (shh, don't tell my kids!) LOL

Thank you! I didn't see the response to this until now. My son has Skylanders game, that's kind of what I thought it was like. Just looking around on the Infinity site didn't seem like each new character came with their own game or whatever.

But both kids asked for this so I picked it up from BestBuy during the sale this week I'm sure they will like it.
    ~Amy
    Sunshine Rewards

One of mine just asked for this today as well!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I hope you can find another good deal on that! I had to keep refreshing on Best Buy waiting for the sale price to open up, but was worth it for such a discount. My husband isn't particularly happy to have another Skylanders type game where you have to keep buying stuff, but we got Mario Kart 8 for him to enjoy.
    ~Amy
    Sunshine Rewards