Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Sunshine Rewards Site!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    We've actually been testing the whole thing in Firefox, so I am curious as to what is not working. We had a couple of issues last night in trying to get some things to line up right, but they are all showing up right for me.

We're still working on tweaking the color scheme. That will definitely change to be a little bit brighter.

Yes, mobile is really important. Already almost 20% of our visits come from people using cell phones or tablets.

The reality is that SR MUST change in order to survive. New people aren't joining because the site looks too outdated. We can keep the site as it is and not last another 2 years. Or we can get with all of the other sites out there and make the changes that need to be made. Our old site was so old that we couldn't even upgrade the servers to the most recent security protocols because it wouldn't support it.

We've tried to keep almost all of the functionality the exact same, really just changing the template, so that it would not impact current use but would also be better for new people coming in.
    I do understand the need but still don't like it since I only use a PC and I don't even own a smart phone. I'm too old for change!!

On FF, I get little boxes with letters in them ER/BC, ED/RC etc. some of these don't seem to be clickable on SR but the Search button is one that CAN be clicked....doesn't say "Search" but has this box with the letters in it. So I have no idea what I'm clicking on until I click on it and find out where it takes me. These little boxes with letters are all over the website. Hope I'm explaining it right since I have no idea what they are called....same little boxes with letters on all the newer websites, makes things very confusing, like they forgot to finish updating something? I'm thinking the FF browser has to be updated to be able to see these and mine is updated to the latest version, might be up to them to get with it?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Wow! I clicked on the site before checking my email this morning-and I thought the browser had gone to the wrong site! Haven't clicked around-but at least visually-I like it.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post

On FF, I get little boxes with letters in them ER/BC, ED/RC etc. some of these don't seem to be clickable on SR but the Search button is one that CAN be clicked....doesn't say "Search" but has this box with the letters in it. So I have no idea what I'm clicking on until I click on it and find out where it takes me. These little boxes with letters are all over the website. Hope I'm explaining it right since I have no idea what they are called....same little boxes with letters on all the newer websites, makes things very confusing, like they forgot to finish updating something? I'm thinking the FF browser has to be updated to be able to see these and mine is updated to the latest version, might be up to them to get with it?
    I bet it is just an issue with your FF needing to be updated because I'm using that and don't see any of the little letters in the boxes at all. And they should all be clickable.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Just wanted to give my two cents, everything seems to be in working order on my end using the Safari browser. I was successfully able to get the scratch off with no issues, aside from going through a tad bit slower.

I think change is difficult as most members get on here more than a daily basis and like to see consistency, but I do agree that it's time for a change, it will just take time getting used to. I know Tricia is excited about the change and we should too and appreciate the hard work that went into it.

I do agree about the 'sunshiny' appearance though. Loved seeing all the yellow that was associated with SR.

Other than that, I say "Keep Calm and Survey On."

Its kind of jumpy if what I am seeing, meaning I click on something and it jumps all over the screen almost. I use FF and I have the latest version update. I am not a big one for change, but I am sure I will get used to it.

Jtowner
    Jtowner

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I bet it is just an issue with your FF needing to be updated because I'm using that and don't see any of the little letters in the boxes at all. And they should all be clickable.
    I'm using FF 32.0 and still seeing these issues, really not sure if this is the latest version.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    I'm using FF 32.0 and still seeing these issues, really not sure if this is the latest version.
    Strange. Looks like I am only at 31. Will update mine and see what I see.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by tjrj1988 View Post
    Wow! I clicked on the site before checking my email this morning-and I thought the browser had gone to the wrong site! Haven't clicked around-but at least visually-I like it.
    I had the exact same experience, as I had not read my email either! And I agree that it is visually appealing. I like all the colors and the way it is laid out. I explored a bit (using Chrome) and everything functioned normally. I did the scratch off, completed a survey, and browsed shopping. I am especially happy that it will be more mobile-friendly. I look forward to using it more on my tablet now.

So far, the only issue I've had is the link in the email SR sent is not working. Says I've already received credit. Used both Chrome and IE.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by tjrj1988 View Post
    So far, the only issue I've had is the link in the email SR sent is not working. Says I've already received credit. Used both Chrome and IE.
    I'm still trying to figure out why it sent the email multiple times but only one credited. I'm actually holding off sending any other system-wide emails right now until we can figure that out.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs