Thread: Coldwater Creek

Default Coldwater Creek

Did anyone else get the email from the CEO today? This is the gist of it

Our customers have always been at the heart of our business, and despite a challenging economy, and a changing retail environment we at Coldwater Creek have worked very hard to stabilize and reinvigorate our business. And it is now with a heavy heart that I must inform you that we have determined the business is not sustainable and over the next several months Coldwater Creek will begin to liquidate all of our business operations.

Jeanne - happily residing in Wisconsin Badger country

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by MamaO View Post
    Did anyone else get the email from the CEO today? This is the gist of it

Our customers have always been at the heart of our business, and despite a challenging economy, and a changing retail environment we at Coldwater Creek have worked very hard to stabilize and reinvigorate our business. And it is now with a heavy heart that I must inform you that we have determined the business is not sustainable and over the next several months Coldwater Creek will begin to liquidate all of our business operations.
    Wow, no I didn't get an email but I'm kind of shocked.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Wow, no I didn't get an email but I'm kind of shocked.
    So was I - I'd heard rumors about Talbots, but never CC! I did find it kind of odd a few months ago when I went into our local store a couple times and none of the 'regular' sales staff was there - they were all younger women I'd never seen before. And they were definitely younger - wonder if that was their last attempt to try and bring in some different customer types.

Jeanne - happily residing in Wisconsin Badger country

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by MamaO View Post
    So was I - I'd heard rumors about Talbots, but never CC! I did find it kind of odd a few months ago when I went into our local store a couple times and none of the 'regular' sales staff was there - they were all younger women I'd never seen before. And they were definitely younger - wonder if that was their last attempt to try and bring in some different customer types.
    They lost my business a long time ago when they stopped carrying the Travel Knits in the store. Went in last spring to try on a pair of capri's that I saw in one of their catalogs and they were definitely made for the "younger" body. Haven't been back since.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES