Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGuy View Post
Let give you a little technical reason why sometimes the navbar takes a while to load. It has to do with the fact it is a javascript application. javascript apps run inside your browser and not on the server. The catch is, most browsers will not allow the app to start running until all images have been downloaded (in case the app uses an image or something). There have been times I have noticed that the banner in the blue bar at the bottom of the screen takes a while to appear. I think sometimes the server giving us those banners is slow to respond. When that server is slow to respond, your browser waits (and waits) for the image and prevents the navbar from showing until it either gives up or gets the image.

I've got to think of a better way to do that..... hmmm.....
Vewy vewy interesting.

My left nav bar has been slow the last couple of days since we've been back from vacay. Hasn't bothered me much b/c we're all sick and running slow, so it only made sense that the computer would be sick, too. Well, except that it's a Mac and it's hard for them to catch viruses.

Explanation is good, b/c the "use IE" suggestion falls flat for me. IE for Macs is kinda rotten, and works even less than Firefox (which works almost perfectly except for a VERY few surveys that state clearly you must use IE).