Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Head's Up

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Default Head's Up

Hey guys I wanted to give you all a head's up. This morning I went online and looked at my telephone bill for my home phone and it was higher than usual. I pulled up the detailed listing and there was a 9.95 charge on it from a company that offers voice mail services. I called them and apparently somewhere along the way there was an offer that I did that had this voice mail service attatched to it and I didn't know it. She cancelled the service immediately but not before telling me that I would have to pay for the month that had already been billed and the month that I was currently in. I told her that I was not paying that and I expected it to be credited back to my phone bill. Finally, she agreed to do so and told me that it would take 2 billing cycles for it to show up. I called the phone company and immediately had a block put on my services so that third parties could not just add services and the customer service representative put in a dispute for the amount that was billed so I wouldn't have to pay it while I waited for their credit. She said she sees this very often lately and was shocked that a company thought they could do it. I guess they do it because alot of people might not notice a 10 charge on their phone bill and just pay it. Make sure to check your bills and have the free block added to your service. The funny part is that I only use my actual home phone number for paid offers so it had to be attatched to one of those. HTH!
    Sunshine Rewards

We noticed the same thing. It is called Optimum Voice Mail that came through when I did Prize America Sweepstakes free offer in April.

That is when mine came through but they said it was attached to winning 1000 free coupons or something maybe that is what the prize was for prize america sweepstakes a big old charge to my phone bill. Im glad it is taken care of, at least I hope it is.

ETA: I just checked and I also did Prize America Sweepstakes so that had to be where it came from. Thanks! Now at least I know.
    Sunshine Rewards

Your welcome!

Yes...that was some PRIZE! A big phone bill!

I had that happen a few months back and the guy I spoke to was very nice and credited my account immediately. Yes I would notice an extra charge on my phone bill. I notice the ups and downs of it every month when DD gets ahold on my cell phone and connects to the internet! I haven't figured that out and she just turned 3!!

Angela

LOL I notice everything too. Im very anal when it comes to my bills. I noticed it right of the bat. So now I just have to hope that it credits. Did they credit your account ok?
    Sunshine Rewards

Wow, that is a new way for some of these companies to be making a buck! I'm glad that I use my free ************ number for all of those offers!!!

Watch out anyways because I use a different number also. I guess they looked up my real phone number when the other one didn't work. I only use my real phone number if I doing an offer that purchases something. I never use it for the other offers. I don't know how they got it but they did.
    Sunshine Rewards

My account was credited on my next bill. I was very pleased to see it happen so quickly and the guy I spoke to just said ok and took it off. Hope it works out for you quickly too.

Angela

TIAMOMMA is offline McChingy, I like that, it has a nice ring to it. Kind of like a new McDonald's entree.

This really concerns me since I used a private phone number also and I signed up. Is anyone else finding this to be the case that signed up for this offer?

TIAMOMMA
    Sunshine Rewards