I can't remember when it popped up that I was eligible to make FP+ selections...maybe 2 weeks ago??? I was able to make a few, but since it is just DH and I, and we're doing the 1/2 Marathon, we are really only going to hit the parks when the mood strikes us. Even then, we'll probably only do 2-3 things. I made FP+ for the evening that we plan to be at DHS. We'll do AK in the morning (AM EMH) which shouldn't need FP"s for the safari and maybe Everest. I have RnRC, TSMM, and Fantasmic as my selections for DHS. I figure we can squeeze in ToT too since that line is usually better than RnRC.

A few days ago, I broke down and decided to do online check in. I usually don't because I've never seen the need for it and figured that it isn't necessary. As soon as I did, I went to MDE and there was the option to customize and order my Magic Bands. It said I had 12 days left to customize them so I assume that they will be sent out within the next two weeks.

I am wondering a few things...

First, since the Magic Bands are supposed to start working right at the airport and allow you to board DME without the vouchers, do they still send the DME packet? I think they still need to send at least the luggage tags. If they still arrive in the 6-week window, we should be getting ours sometime this week.

Second, since I've already "checked in" and our flight doesn't land until 5:30pm, and *IF* I get the room ready text, wouldn't it be cool if we could just get off the DME bus and head straight to our room!? The online check-in confirmation seems to hint that it might be possible...

"...the check-in process shall become complete in Florida upon showing my photo identification, and receipt of a Key to the World card or by entering my room utilizing my authorized MagicBand."

I assume that we still need to wait in line at the desk, but maybe I will just send hubby up to the room and see if he can get in.