Sunshine Rewards Forum Sunshine Rewards Members Login

Join Sunshine Rewards

Go Back   Sunshine Rewards Forum > Trip Reports > Disney Trip Reports

Old 10-19-2011, 09:19 PM
I Know My Sunshine Rewards!

Next, I stopped at Aloha Isle and grabbed a Dole Whip Float to enjoy on our way out of the park. Then, right before we exited, Tom was asked to take a survey that would take 3 minutes. Instead, it took 15. While he was doing that I took pictures and meet Chip and Dale with absolutely no line.

Already running late from the survey, we exited to find the Polynesian/Grand Floridian boat launch curiously full and the Resort Monorail platform curiously empty. We were told the resort loop was down, the boat launch already had 4 boats full of people in line, the ferry had just pulled away from the dock, so we jumped into the Express Monorail line. At the TTC, we saw people were loading onto the Resort line, so we asked and found out that only the Magic Kingdom stop was having problems with their gates. Instead of a long walk back to the Great Ceremonial House, we got on the Resort loop at the TTC.

Upon arrival, I immediately got drinks for the bus and Tom retrieved our carry-ons from bell services. By the time we did this and got to the ME pick up spot, it was exactly our pick up time. I can look back on this now and realize just how absurd this afternoon was, but it was a stressful way to end the trip.

We had a great bus driver on ME and an uneventful flight home, just how I like it!
Old 10-19-2011, 09:31 PM

I finally finished my trip report...over a month and half since we've been back!

It rained every day of our trip, and this was the first trip I've taken that I used a poncho for something other than Splash Mountain Tom's smartphone was very handy everyday. We could check the radar to see how close the rain really was, how long it would last, etc. I'm a champion of park hoppers, but they are especially handy for days like these, because if it was raining in the Epcot/DHS area, it wasn't raining in the MK area, and vice versa. WDW is a big enough place that the weather can vary a lot depending on where you are.

The Polynesian was great, and I loved the location of the Hawaii building. We seem to be really good at getting rooms at the very end of long hallways, but I actually liked our room location despite that. We ended up walking to the TTC anytime we wanted to go to Epcot. I enjoyed Club level. If you look at it strictly from a money perspective, it's not really worth it, but I liked the convenience of it. I wish we had more time to experience more of the Club Lounge (and the Polynesian in general), but I would definitely do Club again.

Right now, our next trip isn't planned until November 2012. It really pains me to say that, but we legitimately have so much going on I don't think we'll be able to squeeze a trip in before then. That won't stop me from trying though
Old 10-19-2011, 09:52 PM

I just had another thought that I'd like to share...

This was our first trip together not doing the dining plan. We probably would have added it if we could, but we simply couldn't with the type of package we had. Instead, we just paid for everything. Originally, we were only going to do one Table Service meal, and if you read the TR then you know we failed

We actually ended up spending way more OOP than we would have if we purchased the dining plan. And the funniest part of all is that we normally have lots of snack credits left over at the end of our trip because we are so concerned about saving them for something good, or we're always so full from lunch or dinner we don't want an afternoon or evening snack. For some strange reason, we spent a lot of money on snack items! Basically we purchased double the amount of snacks we would have if we used snack credits.

Despite having spent more than we planned this trip, we're actually considering not doing a dining plan on our next trip. We'll what happens when we actually have to make that decision, but we were very surprised to see that we did just fine without the convenience of a dining plan.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:08 AM
I'm a Sunshine Rewards Junkie

Great trip report! Loved the pictures of Wishes. When in August did you go? We are taking our DGNs for their first Disney trip the 24th-28th and I'm worried about it raining alot (we usually go in January where we worry more about the cold).

Thanks for letting us share your vacation with you!

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
Old 11-27-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weluvdisny View Post
Great trip report! Loved the pictures of Wishes. When in August did you go? We are taking our DGNs for their first Disney trip the 24th-28th and I'm worried about it raining alot (we usually go in January where we worry more about the cold).

Thanks for letting us share your vacation with you!
It was the 27-31. Based on our experience, plan for rain! Our past several trips have been in January/February time, so this trip was the first time in a long time I actually used the ponchos I packed.

Thanks for reading! Hope you have a wonderful time on your trip!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Sharing the Sunshine

It's freezing cold where I live today. I have head cold and it is hard to concentrate on surveys. On a positive note, your wonderful trip report with photos help brings me back to last Summer in Poly CL. It also helps me look forward to going back this July to Poly CL. You captured it wonderfully.
Thanks for the memories.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymom View Post
It's freezing cold where I live today. I have head cold and it is hard to concentrate on surveys. On a positive note, your wonderful trip report with photos help brings me back to last Summer in Poly CL. It also helps me look forward to going back this July to Poly CL. You captured it wonderfully.
Thanks for the memories.
Thanks for bumping this thread...it's been a really busy week for me, and to take a few minutes and reminisce about last August was nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwkay8 View Post
Right now, our next trip isn't planned until November 2012. It really pains me to say that, but we legitimately have so much going on I don't think we'll be able to squeeze a trip in before then. That won't stop me from trying though
I had to laugh when I saw this...because we have two trips planned before our November trip now! They aren't really vacations, but we're attending two conferences this spring, and we'll be squeezing as much WDW into them as we can.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Sharing the Sunshine

My pleasure! Enjoy your many upcoming trips to WDW in 2012!

I recently had to switch my late July 2012 trip from Poly CL to the new AOA. I just could not rationalize paying those prices this year--much higher than 2011 and smaller discount. Thanks again for your beautiful photos and report. Nice memories!!

Last edited by happymom; 04-26-2012 at 03:50 PM..
Old 04-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Soaking Up the Sunshine

Very nice trip report.