Sunshine Rewards Forum Sunshine Rewards Members Login

Join Sunshine Rewards

Go Back   Sunshine Rewards Forum > Member Chatter > Scrapbooking

Old 04-20-2011, 11:00 AM
I Know My Sunshine Rewards!

Default Digital Scrapbooking for a newbie

I've been wanting to scrapbook our Disney trips, and I've started going through pictures to see what I would like to put in them. As I've started this, I realize it's an even bigger project than I anticipated. I am strongly considering making digital scrapbook pages, then adding anything else I have after I print the pages.

Right now, I'm at a total loss on how to make the pages. I prefer simple backgrounds and the ability to place pictures wherever I want on a page. My old French teacher was a consultant with Creative Memories, so I've been poking around their site, but I'm overwhelmed.

So I guess right now I'm wondering what kind of software you use or recommend? Creative Memories has a free download, so tonight I might try that.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I tried this a few years ago and honestly it was harder than just sitting at a desk/table. One thing that I've started doing is doing a scrapbook at my own pace and then making a shutterfly album at a quicker pace. You can change up the layouts and add text. I've thought about adding stickers and stuff to it but haven't made it that far.

There was an old post long ago about this and I think people had success with Photoshop but I got too overwhelmed with it.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Soaking Up the Sunshine

Send a message via AIM to marsham

Although I am pretty new at scrapbooking, I have done one entire book for a cruise and I looked at the digital ones to see if they were any better or easier, From what I saw, it is way more expensive and like m & c, I like having it all right there. I saw one page that had 2 pictures and some words and it was twenty dollars to print? Maybe I read it wrong, but I am happy with all my peel and stick letters, words, embellishments, etc. And I love looking at all the papers in Michael's, Joann's, and Hobby Lobby. I might look into it again, but for now I don't mind all the stuff out every now and again.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Sunshine Rewards Master
Awards Showcase
Friend in Need Award: This award winner has given of themself to a friend in need in the Sunshine Rewards community. - Issue reason: Lisa M I think would be a great recipient of this award...with everything she is going through now and still onboard SR giving advice and helping. 
Total Awards: 1

I'm with you all on this. I tried the software but found it very difficult. Didn't even complete a page.

I like the hands on pages. I haven't scrapped in awhile but hope to change that soon. Hopefully I'll start when the girls go back to school in a couple of weeks.

Right now I have sooo many pictures to scrap that under normal circumstances it would probably be impossible to catch up but I'm going to give it my best. LOL.

How about an online scrap party in the forum?
Old 08-06-2011, 10:22 AM

ooh that could be fun.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Soaking Up the Sunshine

Send a message via AIM to marsham

I'm all for a party! Right now I have nothing to scrap, I am going to have surgery on Monday and hope to get my doctors and nurses pictures and print outs of my before and after Xrays, even tho my husband says NO!!!! But that won't deter me, Ha!

I will check back in after I get home, hopefully by Friday and see what anyone else says.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:57 PM

I love digital scrapbooking. I never really LOVED scrapbooking the traditional way. I was never very creative. But then I started doing digital, and I am not nearly as good as some out there, but my pages are way better now than they were with paper and stickers! I have the creative memories software, and I really like it. I have had to play around with it, and I still don't know all the bells and whistles, but I think it is really good software. You can't get everything in the free version, obviously, but it is a good place to start. What I like about doing digital, is that first off, it's cheaper, you can change things easier without ripping paper or having to un glue something. There is a ton of free digital downloads, and the way the CM software works, you can change the colors of your embellishments, so you can make them look differently for differnet pages, and you can use them as many times as you like. I scrap in single pages, so I don't do full albums at a time. There are a few places you can print single 12 x 12 pages. Best part...I don't need a big table and a lot of storage space. I can sit on the couch, watch Survivor, and get some pages done!! Nothing to clean up, either! as for CM...there are tutorials you can do, and there is a fan page on facebook that has some really good tutorials.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnix32 View Post
I love digital scrapbooking. I never really LOVED scrapbooking the traditional way. I was never very creative. But then I started doing digital, and I am not nearly as good as some out there, but my pages are way better now than they were with paper and stickers! I have the creative memories software, and I really like it. I have had to play around with it, and I still don't know all the bells and whistles, but I think it is really good software. You can't get everything in the free version, obviously, but it is a good place to start. What I like about doing digital, is that first off, it's cheaper, you can change things easier without ripping paper or having to un glue something. There is a ton of free digital downloads, and the way the CM software works, you can change the colors of your embellishments, so you can make them look differently for differnet pages, and you can use them as many times as you like. I scrap in single pages, so I don't do full albums at a time. There are a few places you can print single 12 x 12 pages. Best part...I don't need a big table and a lot of storage space. I can sit on the couch, watch Survivor, and get some pages done!! Nothing to clean up, either! as for CM...there are tutorials you can do, and there is a fan page on facebook that has some really good tutorials.
This is helpful, thanks!

I originally posted this thread in April, it's August..and I haven't even tried the free download from Creative Memories. At this rate, I'll never scrap anything! But isn't that how scrapbooking goes?
Old 08-11-2011, 09:08 AM

That's about right. I'm going to take a photo of my scrap area so yall can laugh at me. I might go upstairs in a little bit and knock out a page or two.