Sunshine Rewards Forum Sunshine Rewards Members Login

Join Sunshine Rewards

Go Back   Sunshine Rewards Forum > Trip Reports > Disney Trip Reports

Old 03-10-2011, 10:54 PM
I Know My Sunshine Rewards!

I am going to finish this trip report!

Thursday started off as a sleep in day. We ate breakfast at Roaring Fork, which is unusual for us, but we had an extra Quick Service that needed to be used up.

Then it was off to Animal Kingdom for some day time touring. We rode the Safari, which was probably one of the worst Iíve been on. Barely saw any animals. We didnít ride anything else, but just walked around soaking in the atmosphere.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:55 PM

BIL & SIL did a few things on their own, and we met up at the entrance and caught a bus to Beach Club. We walked to the International Gateway and finally saw American Adventure after several tries. I always cry, so I had a Kleenex ready

Tom grabbed an ťclair and I got a ham and cheese baguette sandwich at the Boulangerie/Patisserie and we left Epcot and took a Friendship boat to Hollywood Studios.

We were planning on meeting up with some other family who were also there on vacation, but we were running late and the parade was happening so we didn’t get to see much of them.

So, we were off to Mama Melrose for our Fantasmic Package dinner. I won’t rehash what happened, but even though I was looking forward to tomatoes and mozzarella appetizer (yum!) and a pesto, tomato, cheese flatbread (drool!) it was our worst meal experience of the trip. If you want to know, read here.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:56 PM

I am not one to complain, but BIL spoke with area management about our dissatisfaction and we were happily appeased with Fastpasses. So out of something bad came something good Ė my first ever ride on Rock n Roller Coaster! For various reasons Iíve not had the chance to ride it any trip. I loved it! I was in the last row and it was over too quickly.

Right after Tom and I bolted for Tower of Terror so we could fit it in before Fantasmic. We got off right at the cut off time for Package seating, so we hurried over to the Package entrance and rushed to our seats. After a boring wait, Fantasmic happened! Itís a good show, and we donít do it often, so it was especially exciting.

After Fantasmic was over we rode Toy Story Mania with the last of our Fastpasses. And guess what Ė I beat Tom! Yes, Iíll shout it from the rooftops, I beat Tom!

Then BIL and SIL broke off, did Mermaid one last time in an almost empty theater, and finished the night at DTD. What could Tom and I possibly do by ourselves in Hollywood Studios? Ride Tower of Terror until the park closed of course!

Old 03-10-2011, 10:57 PM

Friday was a free day, and we spent most apart from BIL and SIL. We started our day a little late. It was curiously misty, even at 10, 11 oíclock in the morning.

We rode Splash with our ponchos on, but it didnít help me much when I got a face full of water after the drop. Oh well! We tried to dry off on Big Thunder, then took the train to Toontown. Last trip we said our goodbyes expecting it to be closed, so we said our goodbyes a second time.

We ate lunch at Cosmic Rayís then headed over to the TTC to catch a bus to Hollywood Studios.

First thing we grabbed a Fastpass for Tower of Terror, cause why not? We rode a few times and eventually ended up in the Animation building for a drawing class. I was excited but scared because I am a notoriously bad artist. We drew Sorcerer Mickey, and this is a monument to how good the instructors are. (Well, itís also a monument to how bad I amÖafter being told specifically not to draw Mickeyís eyes crossed, what did I do???)

Tomís Mickey looks much healthier

Then it was time for more Tower and a dream of mine came true! Tom and I got an elevator all to ourselves! It was amazing, and I hope it happens again some day.

I got a Red Velvet cupcake at Starring Rolls on our way out of Hollywood Studios. It was amazing, and I canít wait to go back for another gigantic treat.

I know we went to MK again, but I donít remember a lot of it, so Iíll skip to dinner.

(And a picture from the monorail since we rode it a lot this dayÖand Iím low on illustrative pictures for whatís going on!)

Ohana! It is our traditional last night meal. Itís always good, and I only eat 2 or 3 pieces of meat. Itís all about the accompaniments for me!

We finished dinner right after Wishes at 8, so I had the bold idea of dashing to Epcot for IllumiNations. We power walked to the TTC (we got mildly lost) and lost BIL and SIL at the TTC restrooms. Tom and I hopped on the next monorail to Epcot, and then hightailed it to World Showcase. We got there right as the torches blew out! Perfect timing!

Tom and I then walked around World Showcase during EMH. By the end we remembered why itís dumb to walk around World Showcase without stopping, so we took a rest on a bench by Test Track. We were going to ride, but the wait was 40 minutes so we called it a night.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:57 PM

I took some final pictures of Wilderness Lodge and the view from our balcony on our last day. We saw several deer one morning by that sand path, but I didnít get a picture.

We didnít have time to do much this day. We did make it to the Magic Kingdom for lunch at Columbia Harbor House, and what an exciting lunch it was!

We had the fortune of being selected for a magical moment. We got to sit at a special roped off table, with real utensils and napkins, and had our food served to us on real plates! It was a very special way to end the trip!

Old 03-10-2011, 10:58 PM

As if coming home from a Disney vacation isnít sad enough, we went from thisÖ

Öto this

That is a perfect example of why Disney vacations are so great in the middle of winter! Right now our next trip is scheduled for November at the Polynesian and I canít wait!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:26 PM

Thanks for your TR. I am leaving for WDW one week from today and I am so excited. It seemed like it has taken forever!!