Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Birthday Gift Card instead of free admission Has anyone done this???

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I ended up using my Birthday Fun Pass towards the purchase of a Mickey Citizen Eco-drive watch....minus savings of $25.00 with the Disney Visa Card Promotion and my $79.00 fun pass = $250.00 watch for $160.63! Love it!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I picked up my card last week at Epcot. To clarify and as of last week, the card doesn't have to be used at the park it was issued. It doesn't expire, either. You can use it at Disney owned stores (rules out all of the World Showcase in Epcot, and easier to say that you can use it in the World of Disney store at DTD, and most of the park's mainstreet stores). You cannot recharge or add funds to the card. Unlike your Disney park tickets, if you lose your birthday fun card, Disney will not replace it.

I took mine to the World of Disney Store in DTD so we could also get the 10%annual pass discount. With the $79 fun card and my $60 Sunshine Rewards dollars I had earned (thanks! Sunshine Rewards), we saved$539.00 off the $4000.00 Disney Dream Collection diamond earrings I got for my birthday. The earrings are very pretty however it would have been nice to be a Disney employee for just one day to get their 40% employee discount.

Quote Originally Posted by shades99 View Post
    I picked up my card last week at Epcot. To clarify and as of last week, the card doesn't have to be used at the park it was issued. It doesn't expire, either. You can use it at Disney owned stores (rules out all of the World Showcase in Epcot, and easier to say that you can use it in the World of Disney store at DTD, and most of the park's mainstreet stores). You cannot recharge or add funds to the card. Unlike your Disney park tickets, if you lose your birthday fun card, Disney will not replace it.

I took mine to the World of Disney Store in DTD so we could also get the 10%annual pass discount. With the $79 fun card and my $60 Sunshine Rewards dollars I had earned (thanks! Sunshine Rewards), we saved$539.00 off the $4000.00 Disney Dream Collection diamond earrings I got for my birthday. The earrings are very pretty however it would have been nice to be a Disney employee for just one day to get their 40% employee discount.
    Wow, what a nice birthday gift!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Wow, what a nice birthday gift!
    Thanks! The "Dream Collection" is crazy overpriced and clearly we paid a huge amount of $$ for the Disney Dream collection name. We could have got a lot more diamond carat weight at a local jewelry store - but, they wouldn't be Mickey Dream earrings. Dh tried negotiating a better price with the store manager at DTD/World of Disney, who then connected him with the concierge and they wouldn't budge at all.

He then turned to negotiating with me to get credit for every single gift-giving holiday for the next year. I agreed to a combined birthday & 10th anniversary gift - but he is still going to have to shop for Christmas and Valentine's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by shades99 View Post
    Thanks! The "Dream Collection" is crazy overpriced and clearly we paid a huge amount of $$ for the Disney Dream collection name. We could have got a lot more diamond carat weight at a local jewelry store - but, they wouldn't be Mickey Dream earrings. Dh tried negotiating a better price with the store manager at DTD/World of Disney, who then connected him with the concierge and they wouldn't budge at all.

He then turned to negotiating with me to get credit for every single gift-giving holiday for the next year. I agreed to a combined birthday & 10th anniversary gift - but he is still going to have to shop for Christmas and Valentine's Day.
    I've made those kind of husband deals in the past myself! Would love to see a picture of them if possible?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Would love to see a picture of them if possible?

Yes, would LOVE to see them!
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

This is not a great photo, will try again later using macro zoom (thanks PSL1013 for the suggestion!). There are 3 diamonds in each earring and they are bezel set in yellow gold. The total weight is .90ct - so I'm guessing about .30 for the 2 larger stones and .15 for each of the 4 smaller stones.

There are 2 other sets of Mickey icon diamond earrings currently offered in the Dream Collection. The others are set in white gold. One set is $1000 with .20ct total diamond weight. Another is $1500, tiny bit larger stones (not sure of carat weight).

We are usually at WDW at least once each week. If anybody has any questions about the rest of the Dream Collection, feel free to ask. I usually keep a pretty close eye on the Disney fine jewelry collection.

This photo shows the details a little better.