Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Sunshine Scratch Off?

I had to look too, and I must be really bad at the scratch off. I've been a member since January 2006 and I've earned a grand total of $2.52 from the scratch off game.
    TTFN, Marianne
    Sunshine Rewards
    DD17 DS11 1/2
    My brother Tom (September 26, 1965 - December 4, 2007) always in our hearts. We miss you Tommy!
    I miss you Mom! September 20, 1931 - October 3, 2011

Will the pain ever go away? We still miss you every day!

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    I'm not seeing, at all, what the problem is.

It's a tiny little amount. Those members are being relatively punished by only getting maybe 3 cents at a time.

For me, the biggest yuck point is that people who do pay into the site who might not earn enough to make SM each qtr are being shut out of the scratch off if you have 500 people (for example) logging in to just get the freebie click. If there are only 600 public clicks available and a sizeable amount of them (could be majority, but I don't know) are gobbled up by people who don't do anything else on SR, then yeah, that would make me cranky; especially if I were a West Coast person. Perhaps if those itty bitty clickers were shut out, more would be available for the West Coast folks.
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

I can see that point, definitely. Especially on those nights when I go to bed early and am not a staying-up-late west coaster.

I really should have changed my post once I looked at my earnings page and focused solely on...it's really WEIRD that someone can cash out just on scratch off, unless they've figured out something that none of us have, or they have insanely good luck.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I also have to look at it as "it's free money" that SR is paying out of pocket for and feel lucky to even have another opprotunity to add to my balance. This is something that doesn't have to be there, but it is, so I for one won't look a gifthorse in the mouth.

It is a shame though that more active members who do shop and do surveys even if they don't make SM are losing a chance at something even if it's that small. They're survey's and shopping credits are helping SR therefore the few cents they earn for scratch off is a "favor" in return so to speak.
    Sunshine Rewards

Yeah, I've been here since 2006 and I've made $2.93 doing scratch-offs. I really don't see how not getting in on time to do a scratch off is going to keep anyone from making SM for a quarter. If I was that intent on making SM, I would get up early/stay up late and get my click in, LOL. Because remember, you don't always get anything with the scratch-off, it's not guaranteed you will click the right square.

Also, it's not like these "scratch-off" only people log on while thinking "yeah, gotta get in and do my scratch off so I can lock others out". They are not being malicious. All they know is that there are 600 clicks per day, and if they want to get online and try to make a few cents at SR, they need to do it early.

Online reward programs are a way for people to make money online. People join these sites to make money, not to be forced to do sign ups. I've heard complaints about people not qualifying for surveys for long time periods, and they find offers overwhelming, so all they know how to do/can do are the simple things like scratch offs, answer trivia, etc. *I* used to be an "itty bitty clicker" until one day I started to check out the site more and read the forums.

Rather than locking them out completely, I think there has to be a better way. What if there are more clicks, but a lesser amount paid out? Or changing the start time, so that it doesn't always re-start at midnight Eastern? I think a link taking "too late scratch-off" people - or heck, EVERYONE, to the forums - after getting to that "sorry, you're too late to click" page, as mentioned before, is a great idea. Otherwise, people just see a "forum" tab and probably think "dead and boring". I think once people get to the forum and start reading it, and seeing how much can really be made here, will make a BIG difference.

I have been a member since July 2006 I know the scratch offs were not tracked separately at that time but since they started being their own category on the Current earnings page I have only earned $3.68 on them so I too would wonder if anyone really could just do the scratch off and paid clicks and earn enough to cash out.
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm torn, honestly. I get that the whole locking out members totally sucks, but I was a scratch and click member for nearly 1 year before I got into the game, so I can kind of empathize with them.
    Could you set it up that once a person did scratch-off, an offer automatically popped up for them?
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Oh - and I do find it strange how anyone can do ONLY scratch-offs and yet have cashed out for $20 unless they got the .03 click EVERY DAY. Doing that, you can make $10.95 per year but I don't see how anyone can get the dollar sign on the first click every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunnergirl View Post
    Oh - and I do find it strange how anyone can do ONLY scratch-offs and yet have cashed out for $20 unless they got the .03 click EVERY DAY. Doing that, you can make $10.95 per year but I don't see how anyone can get the dollar sign on the first click every single day.
    We used to have $10 cash out options. Now the people who only do paid clicks are complaining that we don't have the $10 cash out options anymore because they think it will take too long to get to $20.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Now the people who only do paid clicks are complaining that we don't have the $10 cash out options anymore because they think it will take too long to get to $20.
    omg. They.Are.Not.

OK now I'm more on your side. Just don't lock me out of scratch offs b/c I don't shop enough right now.

(Unless it's just a couple people doing that, while the others remain silent in all ways.)
    Sunshine Rewards