Thread: water.com offer

Default water.com offer

Has anyone done the water.com offer? I am considering it. We are quitting soda, pop, coke, whatever you call it and are drinking a case of bottled water every couple days now that school's out and everyone's home more.

Wondering if you like the service, and find it to be a good value? Also, did the offer credit well for you?

Thanks!
    Lynda

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Oh i know what you are going thru. I go through a flat from Kroger in a week and a half sometimes faster. I will check back for responses and do a price comparison.
    Sunshine Rewards

I think the water may be a bit more expensive this way, but I'd like the hot/cold dispenser and the delivery to my house. That way in the cooler months when the kids want hot chocolate or when I want a quick cup of tea the hot water would be right there.

I bought three of those flats at kroger last night and I just hate lugging them in the house.

I'm thinking I really might go this route. My mom (who lives in Ohio) thinks its crazy to buy water but she doesn't understand that there is no such thing as cold water out of the faucet here in Houston...

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

WE have a well and way back 10 yrs ago when we moved in we had it tested. It had a very low level of bacteria but "fine" to drink. My neighbors who most are older love it and drink it just fine. But bc DS was an infant at the time we went to bottled water. DH has promised now (10 yrs and counting) to add an ultra violet filter to kill it off but it's a big project and to his defense he did build our addition in between that time! lol
    Anyhow no chance of pubilc water bc we're on a cul de sac and no where for the pipe to go around.

I've priced out all options bc 1. DH and I are huge water drinkers, I alone go thru close to a gallon by myself in the summer abotu 80-88 ozs in the winter. 2. The kids are now big water drinkers so we go through a lot. WE cook, bath etc with it we just don't drink it and now I can actually taste the difference amoungst waters. (Side note I couldn't handle Disney's water! LOL)

Anyhow I saw water.com and priced it out. My local grocery store(s) charge on average .89 -.99 per gallon if it goes on sale usually .05 - .10 cheaper. I go about every 10 days and buy 12 gallons or more. So it's less then a $1 per gallon. I'm at the store anyway so it's not an extra trip. Sams club sells Nestle Pure Life for 30 16.9 oz bottles for 3.88. I do buy several flats everytime I'm there bc DH and I use these bottles to fill up from the gallons once a day/every other day. The kids use them, we take them to the sports games etc.

If you want convience of having it delivered with the hot/cold (nice feature!) then it's really not that much more then what I'm paying now. The convience of it being delivered probably is the difference in cost. So not a bad deal but after 10 yrs I'm used to the "system" we have for our water. Since we only drink coffee/water (adults) water/milk (kids) we really don't need the hot/cold feature and DH and I both unless it's REALLY hot out can't drink ice cold water.

HTH!
    April
    Sunshine Rewards

We signed up for it one time when you could get the dispenser with the hot and cold. Because we kept our contract for the 2 or 3 years or whatever, the dispenser was ours to keep. We eventually cancelled because we were not drinking all of the water and ended up with about 15 gallons stockpiled. LOL! But once we get through it all, we will likely sign up again. I find that I just do a better job of drinking water throughout the day when I have a cooler like this. And during the winter I do use it every day for green tea in the morning and hot chocolate at night.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by LyndaM View Post
    I think the water may be a bit more expensive this way, but I'd like the hot/cold dispenser and the delivery to my house. That way in the cooler months when the kids want hot chocolate or when I want a quick cup of tea the hot water would be right there.

I bought three of those flats at kroger last night and I just hate lugging them in the house.

I'm thinking I really might go this route. My mom (who lives in Ohio) thinks its crazy to buy water but she doesn't understand that there is no such thing as cold water out of the faucet here in Houston...
    hmm she needs to move down to south louisiana. you really can't do tap water down there.
    Sunshine Rewards

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

I have used water.com for 3 years. We love them. Unfortunately, we didn't get do the offer thru SR and get credit... but that's ok.

DH and I bought a fixer-upper house and some of the stuff that comes out of the pipes is NASTY! We tried one of those filter things that hooks onto your faucet but we were having to replace the filter about every 2 weeks (instead of the month or more) so it was expensive. At our county fair there was a booth which offered a special of 6 months free water (up to 15 gallons per month) and the hot/cold tower rent free for 2 years. At the end of the 2 years we signed another contract for 2 more years and get to keep the tower and got the water at a reduced rate.

Having the hot/cold option is so nice. I'm not sure I would ever go back. I say go for it and sign up with them. Give them a try.

DH and I are working on getting an actual office - right now we are runnng our biz our of our house - and once we do I am going to do this offer and get water for the office too.
    Elaine

Just wanted to say I went for it - so far so good, got water cooler and water delivered today. If anyone has any questions about water.com feel free to ask and I'll share my experience.