Sunshine Rewards Forum Sunshine Rewards Members Login

Join Sunshine Rewards

Go Back   Sunshine Rewards Forum > Get Fit > Excercise and Strength Training

Old 03-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default What is your workout routine?

Right now I'm on a 3 day a week weights and 2-3 day a week cardio for 1 hour rotation. I need to find the time to do cardio 5 days a week but we were getting to the gym too late for that last week. Still working on my laziness.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:13 PM
DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Well the last 2 months it was 2 x's a week a high defintion weight class from 530am to 7am. 2x's cardio I tried for 3x's but can't always get my butt out of bed at 5am 5 days in a row! lol If I don't go then, I won't make it the rest of the day, just no time to fit it in and I'm wiped by the time DH gets home with the kids, homework sports etc. My class ended last week and I was still trying to catch up on sleep from DST and DS's hockey tourny last weekend so I only made it 3 days this week and I did 45 mins cardio and 15 mins weights 2 of the 3 days.

My goal is 3 days cardio 2 days weights (I usually throw in some push ups on 1 of the cardio days)
Old 03-14-2008, 10:12 PM
I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Send a message via MSN to andrea2289

4-5 days a week I wake up at 5AM and powerwalk for 30 minutes. Most days I do 3 sets of squats before, during, and after my walk. That's it. I hate to excerise, and I am proud of myself just for doing that LOL - if I don't do it in the morning, it won't get done. I am a morning person, eat dinner by 5:00PM and am in bed reading by 8-9PM.

I will say the BEST shape I was ever in was when my husband and I played raquetball. Man is that a workout for your whole body, and we had FUN. It didn't even feel like excersise and I saw the changes in my arms and legs quick!
Old 03-15-2008, 12:59 AM

oh wow. everyone does 5am? How in the world do you all do it?
Old 03-15-2008, 09:53 AM
I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Send a message via MSN to andrea2289

Quote:
Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
oh wow. everyone does 5am? How in the world do you all do it?
LOL I am a morning person. I LOVE my quiet coffee time before the house wakes up. I get up, throw on my sweats and don't care how I look because I am the only one out walking at 5AM lol - Then I come home and have my coffee and 'my time' - The kids don't get up until 6:30 so this has been my routine for years.

I think that your either a mornig person or your not. I have always gone to bed early and woke up early
Old 03-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Soaking Up the Sunshine

hello,

i need to get on some sort of diet/exercise thing

my friend is on a low-fat diet she has like 20 grams of fat per day.
she has lost tons of weight,she only exercises like 2 days a week

i am wondering if any of you are on some sort of diet as well as the workout thing.
i am 5"1 & weigh 160 lbs. I do lift weights due to my job working with special ed kids & i have 1 child who is dead weight & weighs 60 lbs right now so i have to lift weights to be able to lift her.

thanks for any help.I am setting my alarm for 5 tomorrow morning as i can be a morning person if i get up i will not go back to sleep.maybe i could treadmill for like 30 minutes at 5 am then when i get home from work at 3 pm do 30 minutes more???
Old 03-29-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpayne1969 View Post
hello,

i am wondering if any of you are on some sort of diet as well as the workout thing.
i am 5"1 & weigh 160 lbs. I do lift weights due to my job working with special ed kids & i have 1 child who is dead weight & weighs 60 lbs right now so i have to lift weights to be able to lift her.

thanks for any help.I am setting my alarm for 5 tomorrow morning as i can be a morning person if i get up i will not go back to sleep.maybe i could treadmill for like 30 minutes at 5 am then when i get home from work at 3 pm do 30 minutes more???
Hi! I do weight watchers because I like being able to make choices in what I eat instead of eating what they "tell" me to do. I think Missymouse does some sort of Jenny craig modified diet. You can definetly start a thread in the Weight Watchers section on both diets and we can help you out with information. That section is really open to all diets but the one most people around here is WW (thus the section name).

I think any diet where you try to cut things out is probably not going to be something you stick with in the long run so think about that when you are evaluating which program to go with. I think 20 grams of fat is pretty low but if she makes it work that is good too.

There is a plethora of information on the internet for free on any diet program so you could probably do one without actually paying for it. Though I do suggest signing up for a month or two with any program you pick before you try it on your own.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:36 AM
Sunshine Rewards Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpayne1969 View Post
hello,

Years ago I did the low fat diet and lost about 70 lbs, so did a friend of mine. It was the best I've ever been on. If you eat 20% fat, you lose weight, at 30% you maintain. Its easy. All you have to do is figure the percentages when you look at the calories and calories from fat. Since we are big bread and potatoe eaters, it works best for us. I use to make a loaf of homemade bread in my breadmaker every day and eat it, its very low in fat. We tried Atkins, i couldn't handle that, i don't eat much dairy and no meat, so it wasn't right for me. I didn't exercise much either when I did the low fat, never been into that.