Thread: Reloadable Debit Card

Default Reloadable Debit Card

I know that the turnaround for getting the initial reloadable gift card is 60 days (or I think someone posted it's currently 4 months). If you are adding to the initial card, is it the same turnaround time or shorter? I would think shorter, but couldn't find that listed anywhere. Anyone have one and know?

I'm thinking about getting this to use for gas and misc stuff for our October trip and wanted to plan out when I order it.
    Sunshine Rewards

From what I understand, after they posted the ecount card as a reward option, they had some kind of problem getting them. I believe they just started getting to the initial orders within the past maybe 2 weeks or so? So, I don't know that they would have gotten to any of the refill orders yet. I could be wrong, but I think they are doing requests in order so it doesn't matter whether it is a new card or a refill. I know that I had ordered a barnes and noble gift card (no longer available as an option) on 10/23/07 and it is still marked as "approved", but not "fulfilled". I'm thinking it is in the same fulfillment line as the ecount cards. It is definitely past the 60 days. However, I do believe they are trying to catch up.

You will have to plan carefully when ordering/activating your card if you want to save it up for a trip due to the inactivity fees. If you don't use it (add to it or use it for a purchase) in 3 months ecount will charge an inactivity fee. So you want to try to plan accordingly or be sure to make a small purchase to avoid the fees.

HTH some!

ETA: I did read somewhere that the ecount card may not have inactivity fees for the first 6 mths of the card and then it goes to every 3 mths. I DO NOT know if that is accurate or not because I didn't check it out yet on the ecount site, but it might be worth looking into.
    Last edited by bartleby1; 02-09-2008 at 10:46 AM.
    Debbie

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Well I was just browsing my ecount account and noticed that the maintenance fee kicks in at 3 months of inactivity. They must have a 6 month option for new accounts as it has been almost 4 months. I'm just going to go online to disneyland.com and buy a disney gc with my count money so that I'll have it put aside for disney funds and not worry about expirations and fees from ecount. I'm sure you could do the same with any other gc out there.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Well I was just browsing my ecount account and noticed that the maintenance fee kicks in at 3 months of inactivity. They must have a 6 month option for new accounts as it has been almost 4 months. I'm just going to go online to disneyland.com and buy a disney gc with my count money so that I'll have it put aside for disney funds and not worry about expirations and fees from ecount. I'm sure you could do the same with any other gc out there.

Is your ecount card from netwinner? Just wondering because I think the original card they charge a $3 fee so you only get $22 instead of $25. I'm just wondering because I won't be able to buy a gift card with only $22. Let us know how it works out for you buying gift cards because I'd love to do the same. Also, many moons ago, I had a webcertificate account and tried to purchase a $25 gift card at disney online but it wouldn't go thru because they placed a $1 hold on the card at disney which left only $24 for the gift card so it didn't go thru. I'd love to be able to just buy disney cards with the ecount card so I didn't have to worry about the fees.

THanks!
    Debbie

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

No it wasn't thru netwinner but it was an initial card from elsewhere. I did read the terms and service and didn't see anything about fees and such. Maybe there is a difference depending on the site you get it from??

I'm halfway to a gift card on netwinner so if someone doesn't pipe up before then I'll report back on it.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for the replies! I hadn't read yet about the inactivity fees!
    Sunshine Rewards

Does anyone know if you can reload the card if you haven't gotten the first one yet? Or do you have to wait until you get it and then reload?
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    That's a good idea!! I know that they have the initial $3 fee, so your cash out would be $22 rather than $25. So, if I wanted to purchase a $25 GC couldn't I just load the extra $3 onto my card myself? Is that possible? Heck, it's still $22 FREE!

Maybe there is still hope that after the dust settles and they get caught up, there will be some additional GC options.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by disney_girl View Post
    That's a good idea!! I know that they have the initial $3 fee, so your cash out would be $22 rather than $25. So, if I wanted to purchase a $25 GC couldn't I just load the extra $3 onto my card myself? Is that possible? Heck, it's still $22 FREE!

Maybe there is still hope that after the dust settles and they get caught up, there will be some additional GC options.
    I *think* you can add the $3 onto the account as long as your credit card is in the same exact name as your ecount card. I while back I tried to add money to a virtual visa card (also thru ecount) but the problem I had was that my virtual visa has the name "Debbie" on it and my credit card has "Debra", so it wouldn't go through. I'm not sure if they've changed this or not but it was an issue for me.
    Debbie