Thread: Clearing only certain cookies in Windows Vista

Default Clearing only certain cookies in Windows Vista

Okay, I'm FAIRLY computer savy, but have a new laptop with VISTA.

I used to be able to clear only CERTAIN cookies in XP (by going to RUN>cookies). If I do this in vista, it's telling me I don't have access to my own stinking folder!?????

Any technical folks that can help?

I know I can clear them ALL with IE, and I know i can do it with programs like CCleaner, but is there a way to do it without adding another program?

Thanks!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I too, am a newbie with Vista...sorry I can't help you at all. Heck, even after a 5 week absense from SR(sorry...life bite me in the tushy and I just couldn't get back in the swing of things until recently)....I can't get anything to credit. I had to resort back to my old pc and things are crediting but the pc is on it's last leg.

I downloaded CCleaner and it works fine on vista. I wish I could say the same for the offers...lol

Anyone have any suggestion on Vista. What might be possible stopping me from recieving credit? Cookies are set to accept all, I run ccleaner, set up a new email since I have a laptop now, and haven't a clue why nothing is crediting. Are you having any luck with things crediting while using vista?

i have always used vista for this site. in the beginning i had no problem with getting credited. but then when it was getting harder to get credit. so i took everyones advice and started clearing cookies. well clearing cookies for some reason had a bad effect on my computer and it ran aweful. i did clear cookies several times and each time my computer was aweful. so i stopped clearing cookies and now i am back to not getting anything to credit.

so if there is a trick to vista cookies, i too would appriciate it.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

Unhappy

I got a new puter for xmas with Vista too....seems offers that credit are far and few between. I do 3-5 offers and sometimes MAY get credit for one!! There is no rhyme nor reason to it...would love any suggestions!
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I know absolutely nothing about Vista so hopefully SunshineGuy can pop in later.

but... does vista have some sort of Windows Firewall that could be blocking communication with your cookies?
    Sunshine Rewards

bumping in hopes Sunshine guy will help us out

I would like to know also this vista has me a little confused not that savvy about computers daughter tries to teach this old dog new tricks