Thread: Sharing My Sunshine

Threaded View

Default Sharing My Sunshine

It's time for another one of these threads. Things have been tough all over and I know the SR gang has been working extra hard to keep giving us offers and new merchants. I just read (in the Bonus Debate thread) a post where Cindy was able to enjoy the impact her job had on a family that was able to travel to WDW because of their SR earnings...so it inspired me to take a minute and share what Sunshine has enabled me to do for my family. I welcome everyone to chime in with their SR story.

I use my SR earnings solely for Disney. I don't think I've even cashed out for anything other than a Disney giftcard. There are plenty of options that entice me, but Disney motivates me the most. I squirrel away my earnings and have so far taken $300 on one trip to WDW in Sep '07 and I'll have another $800 (and more, hopefully!) for our Disney cruise in August.

Thanks to SR, during my Sep '07 trip, I was able to take my two little girls to enjoy a princess makeover at the (then) newly opened Magic Kingdom castle location of the BBB. I made it a surprise for them - only DH knew about it - and they were SHOCKED because I don't normally splurge on fancy expensive things like that. We're very frugal and they've grown up in a house knowing that things are paid with cash and we only enjoy luxuries after we've worked REALLY hard to earn them free and clear. Thanks to SR, I was able to provide this surprise luxury for them. Otherwise, I truly couldn't have justified spending over $100 on something like that. So thank you SR. We purchased several souvenirs we otherwise wouldn't have, thanks to my remaining SR earnings.

Now for the cruise. From the minute they announced the creation of DCL (not the Big Red Boat), I wanted to take my children on a Disney cruise. The funny part is, I didn't HAVE children yet! But I was prepared to take them! Details, details... I've been saving for our August cruise for two years. My DH and I made the really REALLY painful decision to take a year off from vacationing at WDW in 2008 so we could justify the expense of our 2009 DCL cruise. But the reality is...one DCL cruise is still more than the two WDW vacations we would have taken, so I've had to depend on my SR earnings to soften the expense. My Mom (Spring) has decided to join us and has managed to earn enough here on Sunshine to pay for her ENTIRE cruise fare. Every last dime...and then some. I too have earned more than I initially budgeted to earn, and since we got an amazing deal on airfare that forces () us to fly home the day after our cruise ends, we made the decision to spend a night at WDW (like you had to twist my arm, LOL!) and because it's just the one night, Mom, DH and I decided a tower room at the Contemporary with a Magic Kingdom view was truly the only way to go. I could never justify staying there for an entire week, but since it's one night and since we've earned WAY more on Sunshine this year than we initially projected, we're going to splurge...again.

So there you have it...how SR has made a difference in my family's life. Without SR, there wouldn't be a 7 night cruise and a room at the Contemporary afterward. My kids would still be happy well adjusted little people, but they're also the type of kiddos that really appreciate life's little luxuries...I can't wait to share this family vacation with them.

THANK YOU!!!!
    Last edited by jl8595; 03-27-2009 at 05:43 PM. Reason: fix word
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member