I don't want you guys to think I am just randomly deleting posts in this thread so I will let you know what my criteria is for keeping a post as opposed to deleting it.

It basically comes down to the difference between qualifying issues and technical issues. GF won't do anything about qualifying issues. If you take a survey and it gets to the end and tells you that you don't qualify it is part of the survey and while it sucks it is not technical. The survey did what it was created to do. If you get any kind of 'you don't qualify' message it is not considered technical and we can't report it to GF so you wouldn't post about it here.

If you are taking a survey and it freezes or it gives you an error page or it closes out or anything else that doesn't give you a competion message or a you dont qualify message it is considered technical. These would be issues that would make a survey impossible to take. We need to report these to GF so that they can pull the survey or fix the technical issue. These should be reported on the GF report link and also you can put it on this thread so that other people can see there is a technical issue with that survey.

We also can't have posts in this thread about qualifying for surveys. If you aren't getting any options it means GF doesn't have anything for you to take but you can keep trying back to get one because they often load new surveys.

I hope this clears it up some so you guys won't feel so wierd or unsure if what you are posting is ok or not. I appreciate you guys trying to keep this thread to technical issues. It will help us to get those broken surveys taken care of quicker because we don't have to fish for them in a thread full of other things. Thanks!