Sunshine Rewards Forum Sunshine Rewards Members Login

Join Sunshine Rewards

Go Back   Sunshine Rewards Forum > Get Fit > Excercise and Strength Training

Old 11-01-2011, 11:10 PM
I just want to buy Disney stuff!
Awards Showcase
Friend in Need Award: This award winner has given of themself to a friend in need in the Sunshine Rewards community. - Issue reason: As many of us know Carla is an amazing cake designer. One day as I was looking at all of her cakes on Facebook I came across the cake pops that she makes. Because I was doing the favors for my nephew's upcoming rehearsal lunch, I decided I would love to h 
Total Awards: 1

Default November Exercise Challenge

I'll go ahead and get one started for this month! Yesterday was my official first day back to working out since vacation! I ran 4 miles and I am sore today! I am doing the Princess 1/2 marathon in Feburary and a few small races before then so I need to get busy! My goal is to run at least 3 days a week and fill in the other two days with strength training and DVD's/ Your Shape.

I was sore this morning and didn't get anything done this morning. I decided to leave a little early this afternoon and got in a 3 mile walk before picking up Daniel from school. We also went for a walk this evening and we did 2 miles.

Daniel joined the running club at school and really likes it. So we have been walking in the evenings to help build up his distance. He's doing really well. At the end of our walks, when we get to our street we all have a race home. I was right behind him today and I was doing about a 9:00 pace so he was moving! My DH is a really good runner- he did 11 miles this weekend at an average pace of 8:12....I only wish I could be that fast!!

So, who else is in for the month??
Old 11-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I'm in. I went to the gym last night and got a pretty good workout going. Tonight we skipped because Mike's head is hurting and I am just feeling drained for some reason. Back to the gym tomorrow though.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Awards Showcase
Friend in Need Award: This award winner has given of themself to a friend in need in the Sunshine Rewards community. - Issue reason: As many of us know Carla is an amazing cake designer. One day as I was looking at all of her cakes on Facebook I came across the cake pops that she makes. Because I was doing the favors for my nephew's upcoming rehearsal lunch, I decided I would love to h 

I did not feel like running this morning! I was already dressed though which made it easier to get going. I ran 4 miles on the treadmill. I am trying to work on speeding up a little bit so I'll have more cushion on my race to stop for pictures . I ended up with a 10:45 pace this time but was losing it at the end.

I think tomorrow I am going to do strength training and a walk. I need to start tracking on myfitnesspal again too!!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Assistant to the Manager of Sunshine Rewards

I slacked a bit in the last 6 days because of our Chicago trip and Halloween but made myself run this morning. I've been trying to increase my speed as well. Carla, do you notice that you run faster outside than on the treadmill? I was running about 12:20 on the treadmill and then about 11:00 when I converted to outside running. Now I'm trying to get to about 11:30 on the treadmill in hopes that it will convert to about 10:30 outside. I'd really like to be down to 10:00 for the mini this year!!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Awards Showcase

Yes, I have noticed that I am about a minute or so faster outside. Hopefully I can get an outside run in Friday and see how it goes. Do you use the incline when you are on the treadmill? I thought I read somewhere that you should use a 2% incline to be "more like outside". Not sure if I should bump it up more though.

When is the mini? When do you start uping your mileage? I need to up it a little next week.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Assistant to the Manager of Sunshine Rewards

We'll start actually training for the mini in January, with the race early May. I'm hoping to run 3-4 miles at a time between now and then, gradually increasing my speed. But I also increased my Zumba from 2-3 days, which might have to go back down again once my running mileage starts to increase.