Sunshine Rewards Forum Sunshine Rewards Members Login

Join Sunshine Rewards

Go Back   Sunshine Rewards Forum > Member Chatter > Family Issues

Old 07-14-2007, 11:31 PM
Next thing you know, Chingy will be showing up on your doorstep!

Default Please send good thoughts!

It may seem silly to post it here, but I am really hoping that there are some animal lovers among our numbers who can take the time out to send some good thoughts and prayers to my very sick kitty. She has hepatic lipidosis and has been in and out of the hospital all week. Mostly in. Tomorrow she has to go back in for another treatment and it seems like she keeps taking two steps forward and three steps back. I am totally wiped out emotionally (not to even mention the $$ aspect) and am just hoping that she doesn't get to the point where she is suffering. Right now she is still feisty as long as she gets her IV fluids and Valium, but when those wear off she is very sick. There's a very distinct possibility that she will have to get a stomach tube put in this week, or be hospitalized again. At the very least she has to go to the hospital every day for her IV fluids and feedings. She gets to come home at night for me to take care of, but as I'm sure any of you with a sick kid know, it's not exactly a peaceful night.

Anyway, please, please, please send her some good thoughts and prayers. She is actually my boyfriend's cat and it was his birthday this week, so it's been a very stressful week for us all. Thank you in advance. I'm sure every little bit will help her. Here is a photo of her looking cute in my boyfriend's shirt!

Sunshine Rewards
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Oh I'm so sorry your kitty is ill. Reading the link you put up makes it sound like it has a good chance of recovering so that is good. IVs in kitties are no fun. Before my cat passed he spent about a month on an iv drip 24 hours a day because he kept having ups and downs and the vet kept thinking we could pull him out of it. In the end we weren't able to but I remember the stress and emotions that went with a sick kitty.

I'm pulling for your little trooper that she'll pull through.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:57 AM
Who brought the punch and pie?

Sending lots of good thoughts and love from me and my furbabys Leroy and Stitch.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Assistant to the Manager of Sunshine Rewards

Oh, no! I'm so sorry.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I'm praying for your little kitty. We have 3 and would be lost without them. The oldest, 4, spent 2-3 wks at the local vet's and UT Knoxville's vet school. He had kidney stones and blew out a part of his urinary system. He is the $3500 cat, they "have the technology to rebuild this" cat, and they did. We had lots of discussions, at work, about how crazy I was to spend that kind of money, some were in my corner (he was my girls' Christmas gift) and others just shook their heads. My mom didn't even ask.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Sunshine Rewards Master

I hate to hear that, but I can tell you that most of the cats I have seen with this have pulled through. Are you force feeding her? One little trick is to warm the food because cats have to smell something to eat it, and warming it produces a little more smell. Do you have any idea if the vets ran a bilirubin, and if they did, what the results were. If I can be of any help, or answer any questions for you on this, just PM me. I'm a surgical vet tech by trade.