Last year, before I had issues with my laptop not being able to access the 'net, I had issues with not being able to access certain shopping sites thru SR. Off the top of my head, I can't remember if I was ever able to figure out the problem, however I could access the sites from DD12's computer. So, I know it is something to do with my laptop and its setting. An example is when I click on BestBuy, I get this msg:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

ETc, ETC, ETC

I changed the advanced settings and none of the other things are an issue. I am pretty sure that it is tied to whichever crediting site those SR goes thru to collect whatever they collect to know I shopped there. I hope this makes sense. Other sites I can't get to are 1-800-Contacts, Coffee for Less and more. I can get to Drugstore.com, Circuit City, In the Swim and more. Strangely enough, I rarely have problems with the freebies, but I can't get to the YouPet.com site. I have tried it numerous times, thought it was just down until I started trying to do some shopping and remembered I had previously had this problem.

I THINK I just need to make some change that allows these sites thru. Any help would be appreciated. Currently, I am running ZoneAlarm (Free) and AVG. I use CC, AdAware and Advanced Windows Care, prn. DD12 has Comcast's McAffee but I stopped using it, a couple months ago. It may have been giving me internet access issues, and it maynot have been but it is SLOW.

Any help would be appreciated, by me, not necessarily by checking acct.