Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats up with the Dis

my other favorite (aside from the infamous mug debate) is when ppl ask about taking food and snacks into the park-most others will post helpful hints about what THEY took into the park when they went, but you'll always have 1 or 2 who have to be snarky and say "if you need to take your own food into the park, maybe you really can't afford to go to disney."

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    my other favorite (aside from the infamous mug debate) is when ppl ask about taking food and snacks into the park-most others will post helpful hints about what THEY took into the park when they went, but you'll always have 1 or 2 who have to be snarky and say "if you need to take your own food into the park, maybe you really can't afford to go to disney."

And I also take my own snacks/soda can to the movies. Maybe that how we CAN afford to go to Disney as often as we're lucky enough to.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    And I also take my own snacks/soda can to the movies. Maybe that how we CAN afford to go to Disney as often as we're lucky enough to.
    exactly, lol, what's the big deal? so someone takes a granola bar or a piece of fruit inside the park-they've already spent a fortune on park tickets and accomodations, so what's the harm? i've done it before, lol, and i take food into the movies too (although i admit i sneak a few bites of DH's popcorn as well, lol). i tend to take a snack everywhere i go, b/c i have low blood sugar.

I still lurk over on the Dis. They do have a wealth of knowledge and info. It is the personal opinions of some people that I could do without. I know I mentioned it before here on SR, but when I asked a question about options for where a family of 5 can stay inexpensively (we would rather spend money on other things than a room - we don't mind...and actually enjoy...small sleeping quarters - it is part of the fun for us!) I was told that I should have only had 2 children and that I didn't think through the family thing and I made poor choices with having 3 kids. They said that "you are stuck with your decision and to deal with it".

There were some nicer people. I just thought that WDW should have more mod options, like POR, for families of 5 (actually, I still do). This was when I just got the Disney bug, and didn't realize all the ins and outs of Disney. A newbie. They were not very kind.

Now I read for entertainment for the most part. I will chime in periodically if I think I can help someone.
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

On one of our trips I had a whole bag of granola bars and misc snack foods for my son. It was a time that my son was eating every 2 hours or less and I was not about to have to stand in line to get him a snack, let alone pay Disneys prices! When we went through security the guard made the comment that atleast there are still some moms that use their brain.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Same here! And exactly! My kids appreciate going to the movies more often if I run over to Target and buy the $1 candy....

On one of our trips I had a whole bag of granola bars and misc snack foods for my son. It was a time that my son was eating every 2 hours or less and I was not about to have to stand in line to get him a snack, let alone pay Disneys prices! When we went through security the guard made the comment that atleast there are still some moms that use their brain.
    That happened to me too. When we were walking into MGM, he saw the uncrustables on top (girls are picky eater but love PBJ) and said, well at least you thought ahead. I said yeah they don't like a lot of food and at least I know I have something for them. He said yeah and it's cheaper too!
    Sunshine Rewards

I always pack a new bottle of Tanqueray Ten when we go to WDW. I just love a G&T at the end of the day but don't want to pay $18 after tip to have 1 drink.

It is saving for disney and finding ways to cut costs that allow us to go back. There is a new thread right now about the refillable mug.

Truly, is not life so hard already? Why not just be kind and support others rather than ripping them down? Ok, of my box now.

Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Just hit $Store, we are headed to movies, this afternoon. For yrs, I carried a juice cup for DD10, at our local theater, because she doesn't drink soda. Our new theater offers PowerAde so I get her that.

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    I was told that I should have only had 2 children and that I didn't think through the family thing and I made poor choices with having 3 kids. They said that "you are stuck with your decision and to deal with it".
    That is just plain mean. I would have had 3 children if I had 1. a husband and 2. started earlier. I think people like that are just not happy and are jealous that others are.

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    DD10 eats like every couple hrs, in the past I always carried snacks. I think she lived on Cheese Its, the first trip (she was 2). We ate our sitdown meal mid day and she was always asleep in her stroller. This trip I carried fruit drink single packs to add to water. There aren't many options for a non soda drinker. I loved the small bottles of water, they fit her baggallini well. I commented to my friend, this yr, that Disney seems to be more cost aware because they tell you what size containers you can bring. It seemed like they were getting that money it tight, if families can save money, in some ways, they are more likely to go and it is a win-win situation for all.

Ya'll forgot the animal towel controversy. We got two, didn't take pictures, but we did bring ours home. I read enough spots, on the Dis, that said it was OK with Disney.

I do like the Dis for all the stuff I learned that was a big help and of course, for leading me here. Yes, I am off, talkative and not doing what I should be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    Just hit $Store, we are headed to movies, this afternoon. For yrs, I carried a juice cup for DD10, at our local theater, because she doesn't drink soda. Our new theater offers PowerAde so I get her that.

That is just plain mean. I would have had 3 children if I had 1. a husband and 2. started earlier. I think people like that are just not happy and are jealous that others are.

DD10 eats like every couple hrs, in the past I always carried snacks. I think she lived on Cheese Its, the first trip (she was 2). We ate our sitdown meal mid day and she was always asleep in her stroller. This trip I carried fruit drink single packs to add to water. There aren't many options for a non soda drinker. I loved the small bottles of water, they fit her baggallini well. I commented to my friend, this yr, that Disney seems to be more cost aware because they tell you what size containers you can bring. It seemed like they were getting that money it tight, if families can save money, in some ways, they are more likely to go and it is a win-win situation for all.

Ya'll forgot the animal towel controversy. We got two, didn't take pictures, but we did bring ours home. I read enough spots, on the Dis, that said it was OK with Disney.

I do like the Dis for all the stuff I learned that was a big help and of course, for leading me here. Yes, I am off, talkative and not doing what I should be doing.

haha i'd forgotten the great towel animal debate! the most recent thread was full of ppl who said the maids TOLD them to take the towel animals home and of course you have the ones who insist it's sooooooo illegal, lol. in my DD's 4 trips to wdw she's received ONE towel animal (a dog's head made from a washcloth) and yes, we brought it home-it managed to survive until about a month ago, lol.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    I usually bring water & an apple to the parks. Only once did a guard say anything to me & it was, "ooooh becareful w/this (the apple), the witch may give it to Snow White to eat!"
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800