Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me with my dates for WDW!!

Default Help me with my dates for WDW!!

Okay gang.........I am planning a trip for November (this is our typical time for going).......ex says he wants to go again and who am I to say no to WDW and when he pays all the expenses for one child!!!

My dilemna is which dates to choose. I am trying to work around the school schedule a bit. I always book it on a week that I know they have at least one day off.

The two weeks I am debating about:

First week of November. My dd8's birthday is Nov. 1 (sat) so we could leave on that day and make it even more special by arriving there that day. OR I was also contemplating flying out the afternoon before (Halloween).....we would get to our hotel by 7 and I would let the kids wear their costumes on the plane. I had been thinking about a costume party for dd8's birthday anyway so I am thinking they may be okay with not 'walking' around the neighborhood this year and starting off our trip that day at WDW.

A wrench in this one is that it will be bumping into what is refered to as Jersey Week at Disney. (NJ schools tend to have teacher conferences for 2 days and with NOv 4 being election day...most parents make this week into a vacation week since kids don't miss out on too much school)

I have been there many times during Jersey week....and it hasn't bee too much of a problem.......now that being said it has become more crowded over the years.

Next time frame thinking is Nov. 7 - Nov. 14:

Great since we have no school on 11/11 and one day is an early release, but flights get higher due to long weekend at the beginning of our trip. I also think we might just be sqeaking in for the food and wine festival (we missed it last year, so would be nice to go again)

I think I am panicking more about the airfare for this trip timeframe. Should I just suck it up and take this week (especially since I will only be taking care of 2 airfares instead of the 3 I usually pay for?)

I am all set with the meal plan since I am only a few dollars away from the mark here on SR (it will be payed for!) and I am pretty sure I am purchasing DVC so I can at least count on a discount for AP's (extra money I make on SR is going to help with paying for one childs)

Okay I have babbled on...........give me your advice........it is also killing me that they don't have the hours posted yet for Nov park hours!!

Thanks, Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I vote for the first week. Cheaper airfare trumps possible crowds and both weeks are likely to be similar in crowd level anyway.

The leaving on Halloween bit is trickier. I don't know how into the trick or treat thing your kids are. I would rather have missed that to be in Disney but maybe that is just me
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    I vote for the first week. Cheaper airfare trumps possible crowds and both weeks are likely to be similar in crowd level anyway.

The leaving on Halloween bit is trickier. I don't know how into the trick or treat thing your kids are. I would rather have missed that to be in Disney but maybe that is just me
    I think you might be correct about the crowd level.....my girls are into Halloween, BUT like I said if we do a costume party the weekend before for my dd8 (dd9 as of Nov 1) and they have all kinds of school stuff that they dress up for I may be able to convince them to fly that day AND I will let them fly in whatever costume they want! That could be a good selling point....and we would be at our hotel before 7 so they could trick or treat at the hotel area (I know that they usually give out candy to the kids at the resort)

Thanks for input!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Doesn't Downtown Disney do something for Halloween as well - basically let kids trick or treat at the stores?
    Sunshine Rewards

I too vote for the first week. I think that sounds like a good memory maker, halloween at WDW.
    <Sunshine Rewards

What about the week after Thanksgiving? Do your kids have off Monday? That's the week we always do the parks or cruise. Off 4 days and the crowds have left. It's really empty AND you can see the Christmas decorations.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I say the first week, being near Jersey and knowing how the poor economy is effecting this tri state area, I'm guessing the crowds can't be all that bad, and airfare is cheaper.

Remember last year how you and I overlapped a little? I won't go that late again. Well I won't go near Turkey day. I told DH I would rather go election week or the week after. Less crowds and Pam man I thought we had it made! That Friday (after we were both at the MVMCP) was awesome!!! The longest we waiting for a ride was 10 mins! I was trying to kept DS from missing to much school, but not again! If were spending that money to go down, 1 day isn't really going to make a difference. That said I want it done next year before he hits middle school where I do think it'll be a bigger difference.
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

I would go the first week also. Cheaper airfare is my reason esp if the crowd levels will be the same. It will give you more money to spend there. I know my dd6 would have no problems not walking around the neighborhood if she could go to Disney.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

I'm going Nov. 7-15. Nov. , 7, 8 &9 has the Festival of the Arts at DTD. Food and Wine Festival ends Nov. 9. Mickey's Christmas Festival at the MK starts Nov. 10.

Lots going on. I'm just waiting for the stupid hours to come out. I just want to see the Osbourne Lights. Someone posted a rumor that they won't turn them on till after Thanksgiving to conserve energy. Someone else said they turn on the same time as Mickey's Christmas Party.

The first week in Nov. is Jersey week. SuperSoap weekend is also NOv. 16/17.

Talked to my girls today about leaving on Halloween and they both did not have a problem with that.........and right now going down I can get jetblue for $114 (great price for them and the times I want...plus tv for kids). Talked to ex and he also likes the idea of first week. Sydney is super excited to actually be there on her birthday (nov. 1)....we usually get there a few days after so she is thrilled......I told her she can pick where she wants to eat on Saturday. The more I think about the dates, the more I want the first week.

As for trying after Thanksgiving....no we don't have the Monday off......and I hate chancing not having warmer weather! (also have to worry about early snow in New England and cancelation of flights)

I think I am going to book flight down tonight or tomorrow am..........I may wait for return....maybe do SW for a cheaper flight (although ex says he would rather Jetblue and again if I am only paying for myself and one child I don't mind if I don't get a complete steal on return...plus I know that the days of getting great deals are gone....damn gas prices!)

NOW I am getting excited!!!!!!!!!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards