Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You Can Run But You Can't Hide From Greenfield

Default You Can Run But You Can't Hide From Greenfield

Just a word of warning for those of you who are doing Greenfield daily surveys on more than one site. If they catch you, they will request that the rewards site ban you. And it's hard to argue with someone who pays our bills each month.

We received word this morning that one of our members has been taking multiple Gf surveys on multiple rewards sites. They know who you are and where you are taking the surveys. Even if you are clearing cookies and using different email addresses, they can track you. It might be great while it lasts to make $5-$10 a day on surveys. But once you get banned, you will be making $0.

I'm not judging and I'm not calling out names. I don't think that the person we are banning today is even a member of the forum. But they ARE looking over their stats VERY carefully these days and you WILL get caught eventually. And I will be sad for you that you can't make money and sad for me that you put my site in jeopardy.

The good news is that the rest of you are doing great (99.999% of the survey takers) and GF is no longer punishing the whole of the group for the mistakes of a few.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Wow, that's so sad that someone is trying to take advantage of the system and glad that they can't ruin it for the rest of us. What's even sadder is that this person has that much TIME on their hands to do more!

It really is good to hear that it won't effect the 99.9999% if people who are trying to do it right!
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Just a word of warning for those of you who are doing Greenfield daily surveys on more than one site. If they catch you, they will request that the rewards site ban you. And it's hard to argue with someone who pays our bills each month.

We received word this morning that one of our members has been taking multiple Gf surveys on multiple rewards sites. They know who you are and where you are taking the surveys. Even if you are clearing cookies and using different email addresses, they can track you. It might be great while it lasts to make $5-$10 a day on surveys. But once you get banned, you will be making $0.

I'm not judging and I'm not calling out names. I don't think that the person we are banning today is even a member of the forum. But they ARE looking over their stats VERY carefully these days and you WILL get caught eventually. And I will be sad for you that you can't make money and sad for me that you put my site in jeopardy.

The good news is that the rest of you are doing great (99.999% of the survey takers) and GF is no longer punishing the whole of the group for the mistakes of a few.

Quick question.....
    I'm going to assume since SR has it set up that SM's can take an extra one that, that's not an issue right? Just wanted to make sure that GF isn't looking at it like we're cheating if we do a DS and SM survey...
    Sunshine Rewards

Hey! Maybe I will put Greenfield on my carpet case (another thread FYI) LOL!

Glad that they can see it as a case by case. It would be bad for a few people to ruin it for the rest, and worse to jeopardize Sunshine Rewards. There would be a LONG line of unhappy people if something happened to "our" site! We would all be fighting on who would be leading the pack! LOL
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

what a relief to know the actions of a few won't result in penalties for all! i'm sorry the person must be banned, but i'm sure they knew what would happen when they got caught. i only take surveys on SR (even though i get junk mail from other sites) and i love it here!

Ok, now I have a question. I really didn't think this was an issue but maybe it is? Is it ok for me to do a greenfield survey at SR using my email addy and DH to do one on another site with his email? I assumed this was ok since I don't do the SM survey and we are two different people although we are from the same IP address. I figured it was the same as one of us doing a regular daily survey and one of us doing the SM survey, but is this a no-no too?
    Debbie

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Ok, for clarification. I do one other site, I know we cant' post names here, but it is someone Tricia has met and has said good things about. I do stuff there that isn't offered here and use it for my trip snack money.

I will occasionally (and I mean once a month if that, usually every other month) do a ds over there if I'm in need of a point range to push me to a cashout amount before the month ends (it is a my2cents type).

On the day I do that, I use the same email/demos I use here, BUT, I don't do one here that day b/c they both come from greenfield.

So I guess my ? boils down to...it is ok to do on other sites, so long as it is not the same day. Correct? One survey per day is their guideline. I still don't get how that allows for a ds & an sm though, so I've been afraid to even try for an sm.

And I'm sorry, I'm not suggesting going to other sites. I just started SR and this other at the same time (or at least started to get in the swing of it), so I kind of feel loyal to both, but SR is my main site. The only way I can describe it is kind of like going to the same grocery store all the time, but when you need something quick you run into the minimart?
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

You all bring up good points. I asked DH to join because I think SR is great and if he just takes 1 hour a day he could make money also for Disney.

He uses a different computer but we are on a wireless network. He does all the questions and doesn't mind yet. I do my daily and GF each day. At least this is the only reward site we belong to and it meets my needs...dole whips!

Is this ok or is it one person from each household? And just when I thought I had most of the questions asked
    Last edited by MooseBrains; 05-01-2008 at 12:30 PM. Reason: add

I know that I'm afraid to do anything that looks suspicious. Yesterday dh did a survey at work and told me about it so I posted it on the forum. Late last night, at home, (after a huge issue with the children, etc.) I asked him if he did a survey today. I didn't remember him doing it and he didn't either and I didn't even think about looking in the forum so he said he would do one. Needless to say he wasn't very happy about my nagging but he know that every one counts towards our trips. Then today, we get credit for two surveys. I freak out because I don't want for this to be a problem. I look in the forum and realize he did do one in the morning. So I tell him to not even attempt one today so as to not "double dip." I do know that he kind of likes the surveys because he has some neat comments about them and especially if he sees something he's taken a survey on in the stores. Also, he's starting to like SR more and more each day. Everytime I make a purchase, he makes the comments "see if you can get it on YOUR SR thing." I think he's trying to not let on how much he appreciates SR but I'm feeling the "hook on the line" getting tight. He nearly fell over the other day when I told him how much I missed out on by not buying our really expensive strollers through SR. I completely forgot about the shopping links. I don't think he's going to let me forget another large purchase again.
    Sunshine Rewards

lrsellars,

Your DH sounds a lot like mine. He is seeing how much I am saving for Disney and I told him if he would just do the Daily and OTX that we would have twice as much for Disney.

He complains sometimes but I think really he likes the $$. Funny, men are just that way.