Thread: Get $10 When You Sign Up for Target Red Card

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
    I already have a Target RedCard (credit) but I have an idea and I'm wondering if this would work.

Every two weeks, I have $40 direct deposited into our online bank account (linked to checking account X) to cover our annual DVC dues. Towards the end of the year, when Target has their special coupons, I used my RedCard to buy Disney gift cards at a discount. Then, I transfer the funds from the online bank account into checking account X and pay the Target bill. I save at least $100/yr off our dues this way.

So here's my thought...Can I apply for the Target DEBIT card and link it to checking account X? Then, when I want to buy my Disney Gift Cards, I will transfer the money and use the debit card for the purchase. Is there any reason that this wouldn't work???
    Very good question. I just got my card in the mail today so I am not sure!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I got my card in the mail today as well.Should I fill out a TT?
    Last edited by SCard; 11-18-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I applied for the debit card and was approved. Now, the biggest issue will be whether or not I will have enough "credit" to buy $900 in Disney gift cards.

I'm hoping to get the 20% off coupon on BF and use it towards the gift cards. Right now, my plan is to use my pharmacy rewards coupon on BF and buy $100 in Disney gift cards (total of $90.25). Then, hopefully, I can take the 20% off coupon and use it to buy the remaining $800 (total of $608). That will save me $201.75 off of my annual dues. I will be OK either way. If I can't use the debit card this year due to a low limit, then I can always use the credit card as a back up. I will still get the discount either way. I just don't want to split the transactions because the 20% off will only work once.