Thread: Greenfield email address issue

Default Greenfield email address issue

Filling out the GF yellow front page today. Type in my email address and I get "your email address contains an invalid character".

Now, this is the same address that I have had since I signed up here on SR. It's also the same email address that I used to sign up for GF/Toluna 3-4 months ago.

Help please!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Default GF and 2cents

I had that problem last night, I was using gmail, it was in caps when I used the lower case for that gmail word, it was okay. It did not matter on the name just the address part, try that. Let me that if that worked for not.

Jtowner
    Jtowner

Jtowner-I usually do all lower case-so try capitals?

Server is "qwest" so it would be (name)@Q.com?

I tried "Q.com" and it didn't like it. And I tried lower case "q.com" again-no, go.

I tried "qwest.com" and it took me to the survey page. But, "qwest.com" isn't my email here on SR. Wouldn't that mess with the survey crediting at all?

I filed a TT with this question too. Hopefully someone will see it.

I appreciate the help.

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by tjrj1988 View Post
    Jtowner-I usually do all lower case-so try capitals?

Server is "qwest" so it would be (name)@Q.com?
    I am not sure with the quest, I am not familiar with that email.com. I would think it is the same error that I had. I just tried it again with caps just with gmail.com it would not take it, when I took off the caps not in the name just gmail it was fine. So that was I found to be a problem, did you just try small case quest.com?

Jtowner
    Jtowner

I also have my email through qwest with the q.com and it also says "Email address contains invalid characters". I've tried every combination with upper case and lower case with no luck. Hmm... I sure hope this gets fixed. I don't want to put in a different email address since that is against Greenfield's policy.

When I used "qwest.com" it took me to the Survey page. Took a survey and it credited.

When I filed the TT, Tricia got back to me and said that they track by user id, not email address.

That "q.com" is also the email I have with GF itself-I need to change that because apparently that could also lead to tracking errors with Greenfield.

I'm going to email centurylink(who bought Qwest) and see if I can have an email with centurylink as the domain-maybe that will clear up the problem. I don't want to go against the rules.

Hmm... that's interesting about how the surveys are tracked with Greenfield. A few years back there was "surveygate" where people were using different email addresses to try to qualify for a Greenfield survey and I thought we were told at that time we could only use one email address for these. I do have a gmail address which I could change to but didn't want to cause problems.

Quote Originally Posted by MKCP84 View Post
    Hmm... that's interesting about how the surveys are tracked with Greenfield. A few years back there was "surveygate" where people were using different email addresses to try to qualify for a Greenfield survey and I thought we were told at that time we could only use one email address for these. I do have a gmail address which I could change to but didn't want to cause problems.
    You do have to use the same e-mail address when you take the Greenfield surveys. But that e-mail address does not have to be the same one that you use for the main Sunshine Rewards site. If you use more than one e-mail address on those surveys, your account may be flagged by Greenfield as fraud.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by disney_girl View Post
    You do have to use the same e-mail address when you take the Greenfield surveys. But that e-mail address does not have to be the same one that you use for the main Sunshine Rewards site. If you use more than one e-mail address on those surveys, your account may be flagged by Greenfield as fraud.
    Ok, so here's another question. Today I signed up with yahoo for another email address.

Can I just start using that email address for all the survey companies?

Wouldn't it flag something with Greenfield if the same computer has now used 3 email addresses in less than a week? Even if I use this yahoo one from now on?

Thanks for any help,

Jan