Thread: First Time WDW Trip

Default First Time WDW Trip

Hi guys, I need some expert opinions. Ok, they don't really need to be expert...just some help! I am starting to look at surprising my family with a trip to Disney World. It would be there Christmas present, but we won't travel until Spring Break. The questions I have for you...

How many days should I allow for each park?

Park hopping...is it worth it? We don't really hop when we go to Disneyland except for the last day...with a 4 year old and an 18 month old we won't be moving to fast....

Dining...the package comes with 1 table service, 1 quick service and 1 snack per day, is it worth the upgrade to get one of the other dining options?

Lastly, as I mentioned I have a 4 year old and an 18 month old, is it better to wait until the 18 month old is a little older so he can remember the trip? We probably won't be back for several years as it is...but I know the 4 year old will love it....

Sorry for all the questions, but my Disney travel has all been to Disneyland and if we are doing the World it isn't something we will be able to do very often so I want to get the most bang for my buck so to speak...

How many days should I allow for each park? 2 for Magic Kingdom, 1 Epcot, 1 Hollywood Studios, 1 Animal Kingdom, 1 free day is what I consider ideal for a family.

Park hopping...is it worth it? We don't really hop when we go to Disneyland except for the last day...with a 4 year old and an 18 month old we won't be moving to fast.... I personally couldn't do without it, but if you plan your days well you don't have to have it.

Dining...the package comes with 1 table service, 1 quick service and 1 snack per day, is it worth the upgrade to get one of the other dining options? No, not really. The Deluxe Dining Plan is too much food for most people. Stick with the basic plan.

Lastly, as I mentioned I have a 4 year old and an 18 month old, is it better to wait until the 18 month old is a little older so he can remember the trip? We probably won't be back for several years as it is...but I know the 4 year old will love it... With two kids, it's almost impossible to go when both of them are "ideal" ages. However, an 18 month old will still have a lot of fun, and so will you with him. When they're older they may not remember it, but you'll remember it
    Kayla

I agree with Kayla (dwkay8) about the amount of days to allow:
    2 days for Magic Kingdom, 1 Epcot, 1 Hollywood Studios, 1 Animal Kingdom, 1 free day.

Since this will be your first trip to WDW I do not feel you need to park hop. You will be spending so much time in each park just looking around ( At least I did for my first trip.)

Make sure to allow some down time for your little ones. Being at the park can be overwhelming. Maybe allow time to break mid day for a nap.

The dining plan that you chose should work for your family.

I think anytime that you chose to go will work for all of you guys. You never too young for Disney!!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Here is my 2 cents

Hi guys, I need some expert opinions. Ok, they don't really need to be expert...just some help! I am starting to look at surprising my family with a trip to Disney World. It would be there Christmas present, but we won't travel until Spring Break. The questions I have for you...

How many days should I allow for each park? I would say 1 day for each park with an extra day for Magic Kingdom

Park hopping...is it worth it? We don't really hop when we go to Disneyland except for the last day...with a 4 year old and an 18 month old we won't be moving to fast.... We find that it is worth it. We tend to go to one park from 8 till 3 then go back to our room to relax and then we go to a different park for dinner. It is nice to be able to leave one park if you just aren't feeling it that day and go to another.

Dining...the package comes with 1 table service, 1 quick service and 1 snack per day, is it worth the upgrade to get one of the other dining options? We do this package and it is more than enough food. It is actually quite ridiculous how much you'll be eating with this. One hint on the QS - there is usually enough food to split between my husband and I so we tend to eat 1 QS meal around 11 and another around 2. That might be helpful for yall

Lastly, as I mentioned I have a 4 year old and an 18 month old, is it better to wait until the 18 month old is a little older so he can remember the trip? We probably won't be back for several years as it is...but I know the 4 year old will love it.... Might as well take the 4 year old while he's young. The 18 year old won't remember but he will have a good time. You can take him in a few years when he is older.

Sorry for all the questions, but my Disney travel has all been to Disneyland and if we are doing the World it isn't something we will be able to do very often so I want to get the most bang for my buck so to speak...
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Oh and I should have mentioned. Skip the PM extra magic hours. The morning ones are fine but the night ones just get miserable especially with 2 little ones. Go to the park that had the night EMH the next morning. It will considerably less crowded than other parks.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by MrsWonka View Post
    How many days should I allow for each park? With the ages of your children I'd suggest 2 MK, 1 AK, 1 HS and 2 EP. Everyone else only gives Ep 1 day. I think if you allow the 2 days you can take time to explore all the park has to offer. Do all the KidCot stations in World Showcase and interact with the Cast members from different countries. Do all the interactive exhibits and some Kim Possible Assignments. At AK do the nature walks. Take a break each day as the kids will need to nap or you all will be miserable.

Park hopping...is it worth it? We don't really hop when we go to Disneyland except for the last day...with a 4 year old and an 18 month old we won't be moving to fast.... Park hopping is an expensive indulgence. I think it depends if you plan to do nighttime shows. If Fantasmic and the MK night parade are necessary, and only held a couple of days the week you are visiting, those parks are very busy all day. If you can tour another park and only go to the busy park for the show, it is a nicer experience. But if you hit the park at rope drop, tour until lunch and then leave for a rest... You can return after dinner and only watch the show.

Dining...the package comes with 1 table service, 1 quick service and 1 snack per day, is it worth the upgrade to get one of the other dining options? I go to WDW to eat. But, with two young children, one TS a day is enough. Generally they don't have the patience for three sit down meals or the manners for a signature meal that takes two credits. I'd stick with the basic plan.

Lastly, as I mentioned I have a 4 year old and an 18 month old, is it better to wait until the 18 month old is a little older so he can remember the trip? We probably won't be back for several years as it is...but I know the 4 year old will love it.... This is a tough call. Two more years might be better, as you will have less "baggage" at that point. But, my DD was 16 the first time we visited, so I will leave that to those with more experience with young children.

What ever you decide ~ have a magical time!
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards