Thread: The newest Firefox...does anyone use it here?

Default The newest Firefox...does anyone use it here?

I'm wondering if anyone has the latest Firefox, and if it works for Sunshine credits.

For a time my Mac died (don't spill a beer on your laptop...but if you do, put it in rice for 2 days and then put it in a neoprene case for 2 months, because then you might open it one day on a whim and find that it works again!) and I was on hubby's PC. Hubby had the latest version of Firefox, and I *could not find* ways to clear cookies, cache, or history manually. I had to trust that it was doing those things on its own, but I couldn't even find a spot to tell it what to do!

During that time, I ended up with SIX purchases go to Trouble Ticket status. Now, all did get resolved happily, but it wasn't pleasing. I didn't know what happened at the time, but part of my brain has been trying to figure it out since then, and finally came up with "I was on the new Firefox and couldn't figure out how to make it clear things".

Or maybe it's that it clears things immediately? Regardless, I couldn't figure out how to tell it what to do.

Hubby says that this newest version is based on something the Firefox people thought we wanted, and that there might not BE a way to make it do what we want.

So that's a long way of asking the question I asked at the begining.

Does anyone use it for sunshine successfully? If so, how are you getting it to keep cookies for a certain period of time, but then clear them (and cache and history) when you want those to be cleared?

I'm getting messages from different sites I use telling me that my browser is out of date (including disney movie club) and that's getting OLD, but I can't stand opera or safari, and my IE doesn't really work, so I'm kinda stuck.

Thanks for reading it all, and thanks in advance for any thoughts you have!
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

No idea if the newest version works on SR because I'm still using 3.6.17 and it's working fine for me, I'm not seeing any websites that tell me my browser is old.

I asked my son who is using the newest FF at home and at work and he told me there is an orange button at the top that says Firefox. This is where he says you would be able to set your preferences. The link below that he sent to me looks exactly like what I use to clear cookies on my version, so I'm not sure I'm helping you at all?

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...r+cookies&as=s
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I have 3.6.8 and not sure if that is the latest version. what I did do was go into my preference and tell Firefox NOT to update automatically. It's done that to me a number of times and I hated the changes. I keep the old version until I read that the bugs are worked out and people give the newer version a thumbs up.

For clearing cookies I run CCCleaner daily. I was never able to find an option like IE to clear cookies etc. I do have one to clear history, but a lot of good that does. Hopefully the link Pam posted will help.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I am using the newest version of Firefox for Mac and it works fine. I occasionally have problems with shopping credits but usually they get resolved. My surveys credit fine - never have a problem (knock on wood!).

If you're looking how to clear cookies on the Mac - it's under Tools - Clear Recent History.

Hope this helps!
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    I have 3.6.8 and not sure if that is the latest version. what I did do was go into my preference and tell Firefox NOT to update automatically. It's done that to me a number of times and I hated the changes. I keep the old version until I read that the bugs are worked out and people give the newer version a thumbs up.

For clearing cookies I run CCCleaner daily. I was never able to find an option like IE to clear cookies etc. I do have one to clear history, but a lot of good that does. Hopefully the link Pam posted will help.
    To clear cookies on my browser version 3.6.17, I go to: (newer version is 4, I think)
    Tools at the top
    options
    privacy
    remember history drop down
    click on use custom settings for history
    show cookies button on right side
    remove all cookies and log back into SR

Sounds like a lot of steps but it takes me two seconds to do it!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I am using the newest FF 4.0 on one computer and the 3.6 (or whatever it is) on my one from work. Both are working fine, but I must say I don't like the newest version as well, although everything is crediting fine on both.

With FF 4:
    click on Firefox, top right
    drop down menu preferences
    (in small letters) middle of the box it says "you may want to clear your recent history or individual cookies"
    Click on individual cookies and everything will come up. Pick and choose what you want to delete
    Then I go to history and do the same thing

Just a few more steps in 4, then in 3.6, but it seems to work fine.

Good luck!
    Mary Lynn
    Proud to be SR member #6669

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

I was wondering why I was having small problems. I have had some recent TT and am using the newest FF. Might be the problem.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Thanks, all!

After I posted I remembered that it was even worse, as hubby was on the *beta* version of the newest FF. He likes signing up to be a beta tester, and we didn't know I was about to try to destroy my mac...

Just looked...I'm on 3.5.3 right now on my mac.

I've actually gotten an email from paypal (and maybe ebay?) about my outdated browser, and disneymovieclub gives me fits when I'm trying to tell it if I want my selection or not, with this big "your browser is outdated" message on the page... It's very weird!

I think I'm going to continue along with this version until the very bitter end, LOL. And I won't be using any more beta versions, that's for sure. Should have had him get rid of the beta FF the instant I knew I'd be using his PC.

Thanks for the info!
    Sunshine Rewards