Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll be doing some Disney shopping on our next trip!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Default I'll be doing some Disney shopping on our next trip!

Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I thought the coffee mugs were adorable!
    Sunshine Rewards

I sooooo want new dishes and the Disneystore.com has Mickey dishes and silverware i would LOVE.......but i'm saving for our trip so no unnecissary spending.

but the muffin pan is adorable and very reasonably price.......hmmmm...may have to splurge for that one!! what better way to countdown to Disney than with Mickey muffins!!!
    Jennifer -

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I just bought the muffin pan at HHI! I have been looking EVERYWHERE for a silicone muffin pan for my VitaMuffins. I have a 6-ct Vitatop silicone pan and now I can make a full dozen at one time....and half of them will be MICKEY!!

...time to visit Vitalicious!

Quote Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
    I just bought the muffin pan at HHI! I have been looking EVERYWHERE for a silicone muffin pan for my VitaMuffins. I have a 6-ct Vitatop silicone pan and now I can make a full dozen at one time....and half of them will be MICKEY!!

...time to visit Vitalicious!
    Yay, post when you have tried it out and let us know how it works out. I've never used silicone before but I really want that pan, hopefully I can find it and it's available when we go to Disney next month.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Yay, post when you have tried it out and let us know how it works out. I've never used silicone before but I really want that pan, hopefully I can find it and it's available when we go to Disney next month.
    Ok, I tried it out this afternoon. It didn't turn out well...

I used the deep chocolate Vitamix. I sprayed the pan with Pam (like I have always done, even though it probably isn't necessary) and filled the cups as directed. It was a royal mess trying to get them out. The tops were great, but the bottoms were stuck. Now, I have "VitaBalls".

To be fair, I think the problem is that I baked them with a batch of Vitatops. It is entirely possible (in fact, I'm fairly certain) that they just didn't bake long enough. I didn't want to burn the much-thinner Vitatops so I'm guessing that the thick Mickey muffins just didn't get completely done.

As messy as they are now, they are still DELICIOUS!

I will try my pumkin recipe soon and bake them alone. I'll report back if I encounter the same problem.

I used the deep chocolate Vitamix. I sprayed the pan with Pam (like I have always done, even though it probably isn't necessary) and filled the cups as directed. It was a royal mess trying to get them out. The tops were great, but the bottoms were stuck. Now, I have "VitaBalls".

To be fair, I think the problem is that I baked them with a batch of Vitatops. It is entirely possible (in fact, I'm fairly certain) that they just didn't bake long enough. I didn't want to burn the much-thinner Vitatops so I'm guessing that the thick Mickey muffins just didn't get completely done.

I will try my pumkin recipe soon and bake them alone. I'll report back if I encounter the same problem.
    Oh no! Yes, please report back on the other ones...oh I hope it works, I really wanted this muffin pan!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I have Christmas Tree ones from Crate and Barrel. I found that I have to cut them out with a knife and do a lot of wiggling. For the most part they come out whole but you do have to work the pan.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I have Christmas Tree ones from Crate and Barrel. I found that I have to cut them out with a knife and do a lot of wiggling. For the most part they come out whole but you do have to work the pan.
    I found this doing a search and it might be helpful to some that have these type pans, especially tip #7 & #8

http://www.ehow.com/how_5222644_use-...uffin-pan.html
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

Good News!! When I baked my pumpkin muffins, I put the Mickey pan in the oven by itself. I baked them a little longer than usual (18 minutes instead of 15) and they came out PERFECT!

The recipe is one I got from a friend on WW. It is one can of pumpkin (not the pie filling, the 100% pumpkin) and one box of cake mix. For this batch, I used carrot cake, but I've also used spice cake. The best is CHOCOLATE cake! The chocolate completely masks the taste of the pumpkin and the muffins are decadent! Just mix the cake mix in with the pumpkin, divide into 18 muffins and bake at 15-18 minutes at 400 degrees. They amount to about 125 calories each when you make 18. If you make 24 smaller ones, they are only about 100 calories each.

I make the chocolate ones and the kids inhale them! Fine by me, what a great way for them to get a vegetable in their diet!