Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goal - Another $500 for Disney

Default Goal - Another $500 for Disney

We are heading down to Disney the last week of September for the Food and Wine 1/2 marathon! I've got $365 now and I would love to have another $500 by then. For a paypal deposit on 9/15, I'll need to cash out on 8/15, correct??

4-1/2 months to make $500.........doable if I keep up with my survey's. I think i figured it out to be about $2.90/day. I'm just going to keep chugging along!!
    Jennifer -

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Good Luck! I'm right there with you.

I'm heading to F&W in October with my DSiL so all of my SR money between now and then goes to my food budget. The more SR I earn, the more Grey Goose slushies I can enjoy.

We leave for HHI in 5 days, but I am hoping to keep up on my surveys. I've been very successful in tethering my laptop to my phone so that I can have moble internet while we're on the road. I'm hoping to do surveys while DH is driving.

OMG that is a great idea!!! I know some phones can do that, and I think the one i was looking at upgrading to in August can do it! I will definatly have to look into it, especially if that means I don't have to pay for Disney's internet!
    Jennifer -

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Good luck! I am trying to hit $105 by April 15th. I'm at $49 right now. We'll see what happens
    Sunshine Rewards

Good Morning! I just have to say that you ladies are amazing!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
    OMG that is a great idea!!! I know some phones can do that, and I think the one i was looking at upgrading to in August can do it! I will definatly have to look into it, especially if that means I don't have to pay for Disney's internet!
    You can tether a BlackBerry or Android phone using the Tether app. I have an Android phone (Samsung Epic 4G from Sprint) and I just downloaded the app from the Android market. Then, I downloaded the program onto my laptop from Tether.com. They offer a free trial and after that it is a one-time fee of $30. It is SO easy to use! Simply connect your phone to your laptop via a USB cord (I think you can connect via Bluetooth too, but my laptop is not Bluetooth enabled....it's old) and run the Tether app on your phone. Then, open the Tether program on your laptop. The connection is almost instant. Even though my phone has 4G capabilities, I am generally running on the 3G network. There is almost no difference in speed between when I tether and when I am connected to a wireless hotspot. The only thing that I have found difficult is streaming Netflix while I'm tethered. It is just too slow. But, that is the ONLY thing that I've noted to be a problem. When we're going down the road, my computer is plugged into my inverter and my phone stays charged through my computer. Not sure what happens if I get an incoming phone call....hasn't happened yet that I am aware of. I think it terminates the connection, but I'm not sure. I have no idea how much data I am using because I have an unlimited data plan and so I don't really care.

It came in handy during our ice storm. We lost our cable/internet and I was able to keep on going with my surveys....just plugged in my tether cable and I was on my way.

wow....i think you were speaking a foreign language there!! I'll have to get DH to do that for me!! the only thing I got out of that was Android....and I think the LG Vortex or Ally that I'm lookig at are both Android powered. so I should be good to go.
    Jennifer -

Quote Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
    wow....i think you were speaking a foreign language there!! I'll have to get DH to do that for me!! the only thing I got out of that was Android....and I think the LG Vortex or Ally that I'm lookig at are both Android powered. so I should be good to go.
    Sorry...it is a lot easier than I made it sound. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

WOW! You all are doing a great job! I'm not worthy

I too am trying to earn for Disney. We are going the last week in September as we have every year. I just signed up with Sunshine Rewards about 2 weeks ago and have over $23 so far.
    My dream is to get to $500 by the time of our trip but I will settle for a couple hundred dollars.

Do most of you cash out with PayPal or go the route of Disney gift cards?
    We stay on property the whole time so the gift cards really get put to use.

hi Jennifer.....welcome and great job getting started!! We'll be there the last week of september too!!

My 1st cashout will be for $500 for a disney gift card. then whatever I make between then and 8/15 when I have to cash out will go to paypal for cash when we are there.
    Jennifer -