Thread: ? on booking

Default ? on booking

Well we are in a pickle. DH's company bean counters were waaaaaayyyy off in their preannouncement of the bonus payout this year. We were planning on using some of it to go to Disney, but had other things we had to use it for first. After taking care of the more important things, we are short the amount that has to be paid on the balance of the trip. We weren't told of the shortfall until the bonus was paid so there was no time to plan. We are still over two months out, so we will have the money by trip time, but not deposit time. Can I call and change our tickets to one day tickets and then upgrade them to the length of the trip when we check in? We have already decided to drop the dining plan because our boys don't eat enough to warrant paying adult prices for them. Counter service kids meals will do them just fine.
    So mad that we weren't given a heads up on something as impactful as this, but trying to find the silver lining and keep the trip on schedule. It's been a rough year and the kids are so looking forward to this trip.
    TIA

I can't give you an answer on your specific question with the tickets, although I "think" the answer is yes on the later upgrade. Someone else will know more.

While I do think it stinks that you didn't get in his bonus what you had expected, I would urge you to look on the bright side that you were able to put what money you did get toward paying other things off. At least he got something! Imagine if the company had been far enough off for you not to get even that. Also, try to remember all those who don't get bonuses, or even those who are out of work and struggling just to pay the bills...

I'm not trying to diminish your predicament, only trying to get you see things from a different perspective.
    Sunshine Rewards

I've been doing some research online and I think the answer is yes, too.

I know we were lucky to get anything at all. I didn't mean to come off sounding ungrateful for that. We have had our own struggles in these bad economic times as well. We've had to move 5 times in the last 8 years and sold two homes at a huge loss because the company determines what the house is worth and what we can put it on the market for. This was our own personal light.

I'm pretty sure you can make those changes without a problem. This year we were promised a bonus in October and got nothing! So be happy that you got something. Enjoy your trip, no matter what, you are at Disney!
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Since you are still 2 months out you can probably make changes if you need to. I just got a mailer from Disney about the free dining, but I threw it out since we won't be able to go at all this year

So, when you call about the changes ask when the free dining starts and see if you can get in on it. They've made changes to the free dining though. If you are staying at a moderate or value you can only get the plan with the 2 casual dining and one snack per day. You only can get the full service option if you are at a deluxe now, at least in the offer I got.

You can upgrade tickets anytime before they expire. You'll need to go to guest relations to do it.
    Judi
    Over 100 trips to WDW, 50+ to DL, and 25+ aboard DCL! We are also DVC members!

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by bajam View Post
    Well we are in a pickle. DH's company bean counters were waaaaaayyyy off in their preannouncement of the bonus payout this year. We were planning on using some of it to go to Disney, but had other things we had to use it for first. After taking care of the more important things, we are short the amount that has to be paid on the balance of the trip. We weren't told of the shortfall until the bonus was paid so there was no time to plan. We are still over two months out, so we will have the money by trip time, but not deposit time. Can I call and change our tickets to one day tickets and then upgrade them to the length of the trip when we check in? We have already decided to drop the dining plan because our boys don't eat enough to warrant paying adult prices for them. Counter service kids meals will do them just fine.
    So mad that we weren't given a heads up on something as impactful as this, but trying to find the silver lining and keep the trip on schedule. It's been a rough year and the kids are so looking forward to this trip.
    TIA
    I assume you've already talked to Disney, but for everyone's future knowledge: yes, you can make all the changes you want to your reservation before the 45-day mark. After that, each change is $50 and the cancellation fee is $200.

And as DisneyJudy said, you can upgrade a MYW ticket to any other form of ticket within 14 days after the date of first use - even if there are no more days left on the ticket. You must first "activate" the ticket by going through a turnstile, then go to a Park Ticket Window to upgrade. That way you get credit for what the ticket costs at that point in time.

Note that people who have been purchasing tickets from wholesalers like Undercover Tourist have been experiencing troubles when trying to upgrade those tickets. We recommend purchasing Disney Theme Park tickets directly from Disney - or better yet - from Mouse Unlimited, since you can get SR Cash Back!

Bajam - have a great time on your trip. Even a budget Disney trip is still a Disney trip
    Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook

As the most of the PP have said. You can make that ticket upgrade after you have activated them through the gates. Have a magical trip.