Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Very Dissapointed

Question I need to help too!

I've been having trouble getting credits for freebies as well. In the past, I've gotten credit for about 40% of the offers but now I'm not getting anything! It is very frustrating. I did recently download Mcafee through Comcast and they may have something to do with it. I have tried using my kids computer and my computer at work but nothing seems to work. I do get credit for the daily surveys, paid clicks, emails, scratch off and shopping though.

Here's my info:

Operating system -- Windows XP
    Internet Browser -- IE 7
    Internet connection type -- cable modem
    email account (ie yahoo, gmail, hotmail) -- yahoo
    antivirus software -- cyberdefender (just downloaded this & got credit)
    firewall software -- McAfee
    cookie settings -- I just changed this a couple days ago after reading another post to override and accept 1st & 3rd party and allow session cookies.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by csmerloni View Post
    I've been having trouble getting credits for freebies as well. In the past, I've gotten credit for about 40% of the offers but now I'm not getting anything! It is very frustrating. I did recently download Mcafee through Comcast and they may have something to do with it. I have tried using my kids computer and my computer at work but nothing seems to work. I do get credit for the daily surveys, paid clicks, emails, scratch off and shopping though.

Here's my info:

Operating system -- Windows XP
    Internet Browser -- IE 7
    Internet connection type -- cable modem
    email account (ie yahoo, gmail, hotmail) -- yahoo
    antivirus software -- cyberdefender (just downloaded this & got credit)
    firewall software -- McAfee
    cookie settings -- I just changed this a couple days ago after reading another post to override and accept 1st & 3rd party and allow session cookies.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    Were you getting credit before McAfee? I have read before (I have no firm knowledge on this one) that others have had issues installing stuff from Comcast and when they removed it things were better. I do have McAfee on my work laptop which is where I do 99.9% of my offers and haven't had too much of an issue. Did comcast install any toolbars on your computer??

Other thought is how long have you had that yahoo account? Have you tried opening a new email and using it? Lots of offers run on the same database systems so if you keep using the same email address it can be causing part of the problem because the offers are thinking you have already completed them before when you might not have.
    Sunshine Rewards

I'd try a gmail account, myself.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Smile Thanks for the help!

Well, I opened a gmail account and redid some offers and got credit right away for the Dove proage! I have had my yahoo account for MANY years. Prior to downloading mcafee, I was only getting credit about 40% of the time. I did not download any toolbars from comcast. I will try disabling mcafee and see how it goes.

Thanks for the advise!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by csmerloni View Post
    Well, I opened a gmail account and redid some offers and got credit right away for the Dove proage! I have had my yahoo account for MANY years. Prior to downloading mcafee, I was only getting credit about 40% of the time. I did not download any toolbars from comcast. I will try disabling mcafee and see how it goes.

Thanks for the advise!
    I don't think McAfee is the problem but if you do want to disable it please use something like AVG Free. A lot of people around here use AVG without any issues.

I think changing emails will do you wonders. Good Luck!
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I don't think the problem is Comcast's McAfee, either, because that is what I use and I do really well with offers. I do get a new email address when offers start slow down on crediting and that seems to help a whole lot. Good luck.

Talking

How do you eat the cookies??!?! I mean Clear the cookies?!

The best way to clear cookies on a windows computer is using a free program called CCleaner! yoiu anc go to CCleaner.com and get the program again its FREE! and Clean!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    The best way to clear cookies on a windows computer is using a free program called CCleaner! yoiu anc go to CCleaner.com and get the program again its FREE! and Clean!
    AND, very easy to use. You can also go into "Options" (in CCleaner) and choose which cookies to keep. I clean compulsively, but I don't delete my SR cookies.

Default 2 more questions!

Is it OK for me to use multiple email addresses when signing up for offers? I don't want to do anything that isn't "legal" here!

Also does ccleaner work better than clearing cookies from internet options on IE?

Thanks!