Thread: Your thoughts on Disney restaurants

Hybrid View

After doing lots more research today and talking with my kids, Biergarten is out and Teppan Edo is in. They do cook the food in front of you at the table, right? After taking a closer look at Kouzzina's menu, I don't think the kids will like anything on it. They're pretty adventurous, but that's too much. Instead of doing 7 meals, I'm thinking of suprising DH by using 2 credits to eat at Yachtman Steakhouse. It's something he's been talking about since last trip and if all our other meals are only 1 credit, it should be easy to swing.

Glad to hear the good review of Boma. I think my DH and middle DS will really love it. Oldest DS will love Teppan Edo, obviously DD will love the character ones and I just love that we'll be there together.

Teppan Edo is a good choice. They cook the food in front of you on the teppanyaki grill. You will be sitting with enough people to make an 8 person table, but we've always liked the people we sit with The desserts are blech though, so make sure you have snack credits to get a good dessert somewhere else in World Showcase!

Yachtsman should be good too, just make sure you pack nice clothes for the dress code.

Quote Originally Posted by bajam View Post
    I just love that we'll be there together.
    There is nothing like a good ole family vacation to the most magical place on earth!

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

If you still want something in Downtown Disney you could try Raglan Road. We ate there in June and everyone like it.

Yak and Yeti in the AK is on the plan (it is an outside restaurant so it shows up on their lists later). Again we all enjoyed this meal enough that we are going again in Feb. The nice thing is you can do a lunch to take a break since the lunch and dinner menus are the same (including the prices).

And another vote for Kona. Yum, now I want sticky wings and a volcano dessert.
    Sunshine Rewards

I recall Earl of Sandwich in DTD was on the dining plan a couple years ago when we went.
    How old are your kiddos now? Crystal Palace with all the Pooh characters might be a fun choice if you are looking for a character meal. We've had breakfast there twice, but may think about trying lunch sometime.
    If you want to take a break from MK for a bit, Captain Cook's at the Poly is a great CS meal - Dole Whip We were also pleasantly surprised by Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary - fun with all of the monorail action.
    Have fun planning!
    ShanPooh

Sunshine Rewards Member #6059

Since this has been several weeks since you first posted, you might already have your dining reservations but I thought of something that might be great for your family. When we stay at BC (and most of the time when we don't), we have breakfastast at Cape May Cafe. It's a character meal and we all love it!! DH and DD19 are both breakfast people and love the menu and even too cool DS20 loves the character interaction.

Also, for EPCOT, our favorite is Coral Reef. We love the food and the awesome fish just add to the experience.

For DHS, we went to H & V last time and it was awesome!! The characters were great, but were for younger children mostly. Then again, DD19 and DS20 had a great time, as well as DGS9months.

Good luck and have a great trip!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge