Thread: New computer - help with settings please!

Default New computer - help with settings please!

Hi all! My ancient computer finally kicked the bucket and my neighbor had a newer computer that just needed a hard drive so I now have hers with a brand new hard drive in it. However, I just tried an easy credit freebie offer and didn't get credit. My guess is that something isn't set right.

I changed my IE to accept all cookies. I'm running AVG (free version) and the firewall that comes with windows xp. Is there something I need to change in one of those? If so, how?

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Debbie

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Which offer did you try?

I would play around with that firewall as it might be blocking cookies but I'm not too familar with the settings.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks, I tried playing around with the firewall but didn't see too much to change.

I tried one of the MID or aisleno7 offers. They ALWAYS have credited for me in the past.

I did just read another post about checking the always allow session cookies box in addition to the first and third party cookies ones. I just checked that box and hopefully that will solve the problem. I also just realized that I took a survey this morning on the new computer. I really hope that tracks ok because so far I have one for every day this month and I want that 7.50 bonus!
    Debbie

Ok, I tried another MID offer after checking the other box and it still didn't credit. I wanted to do some shopping today but I'm afraid I won't get credit.
    Debbie

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
    Ok, I tried another MID offer after checking the other box and it still didn't credit. I wanted to do some shopping today but I'm afraid I won't get credit.

Tricia said the most recent MID and A7 are manual credits. So w/ the holiday and all might take awhile if they are the offers you did.

From here...
    http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/...ead.php?t=4983
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
    Tricia said the most recent MID and A7 are manual credits. So w/ the holiday and all might take awhile if they are the offers you did.

From here...
    http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/...ead.php?t=4983
    Thanks for the response, I didn't try any of those listed, but I didnt' realize any of the MID were manual credits.

I turned off my firewall and the angel teddy bear one credited on the hour, so maybe the firewall is the issue. Problem is I don't see anyway to change any settings on the firewall the came with the computer. Maybe I'll just leave that one off and see if I can download a different one.

Thanks for your help! I'll definitely be sure to check that the offers are fast crediting before using them as a test!
    Debbie

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

I have XP and Windows Firewall also. I don't think there are any settings to change. I don't get 100% credit, but do get alot, so I don't think it is the firewall.

Maybe try a brand new email address?

Did you install anything else like SpyBot or AdAware?

Also check here in IE to make sure nothing is blocked:

Tools --> Internet Options --> Privacy Tab --> Sites

Even w/ thes little glitches, I bet it is nice having a new computer!!!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
    I have XP and Windows Firewall also. I don't think there are any settings to change. I don't get 100% credit, but do get alot, so I don't think it is the firewall.

Maybe try a brand new email address?

Did you install anything else like SpyBot or AdAware?

Also check here in IE to make sure nothing is blocked:

Tools --> Internet Options --> Privacy Tab --> Sites

Even w/ thes little glitches, I bet it is nice having a new computer!!!
    It definitely is nice having a newer computer! It's just always hard getting everything installed and perfected the way you want it.

I turned my firewall back on and tried another MID and it credited on the hour so hopefully my problem is solved!

Thanks so much for your help!
    Debbie