Thread: anyone do Kennedy space ctr while at wdw?

Default anyone do Kennedy space ctr while at wdw?

And if you do, how much of your day to you allot for it? Just curious? thanks!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

We've done Kennedy Space Center a number of times while at WDW. How much time you need will depend on your interest, but to even see the basics, you need a whole day. There are a number of tours you can take, a simulated shuttle launch, museum, rocket garden, astronaut memorial, etc. I found it totally worthwhile and I loved it. If you go early in the morning, you could finish by dinner and still have time to go to the parks in the evening if one has extra magic hours that day.

Also, I read on another forum, that if you contact your congressman/senator, they may be able to get passes. The admission for Kennedy Space Center isn't cheap, but worth it.
    Barb

We've gone out there before as well, but I think we may have stuck to the gift shop and watched the shuttle launch. I'm not sure, but I know my brother bought some astronaut food one time. Our trips there have been shorter, BUT....my family schedules days off while at Disney. It used to be we'd go every other day and do something else on the off days, like the Space Center or Cocoa Beach. The last couple times, we've still had days off for other things, but as my brothers and I have gotten older, we've gotten longer passes to WDW and ended up with fewer off days (if that makes any sense!)

Last time I was at Disney was 2007 and I think we had 6 day tickets (only went for the afternoon on one of our days off) and I think we did two off days, which included the aforementioned afternoon. Last time, I think we did DTD one day and attempted to find a church (my uncle had bad directions!) and went out for my grandma's birthday the first day. The second, we went shopping at M&M's World in Orlando and then did the afternoon in AK.

Then again, I've also never stayed on property either!
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Kevin and I are actually going to try this next week because we get off the cruise ship early in the morning and do not fly out of Orlando until early evening.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by DarcyDog View Post
    We've done Kennedy Space Center a number of times while at WDW. How much time you need will depend on your interest, but to even see the basics, you need a whole day. There are a number of tours you can take, a simulated shuttle launch, museum, rocket garden, astronaut memorial, etc. I found it totally worthwhile and I loved it. If you go early in the morning, you could finish by dinner and still have time to go to the parks in the evening if one has extra magic hours that day.

Also, I read on another forum, that if you contact your congressman/senator, they may be able to get passes. The admission for Kennedy Space Center isn't cheap, but worth it.
    wow...guess I should've looked into that earlier!! we leave in 23 days!
    thanks for all the replies too!

Dh and I went for our belated honeymoon in '99. 10 days there and one whole one was spent at KSC and Cocoa Beach (had to get my toes in the Atlantic!) having dinner. My dh is a total flight/space etc... nut, so there will be no short stops, and I will have to remind him, if we do include it, that our children's interest level and his (and mine, for that matter) do not match and that even though he wants to read every sign on every display, we do not.
    I think it's only about 45 minutes away though, if memory serves, right?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

45 minutes sounds about right for time. We have a family member who is a space nut also. So we not only stop and look at every sign, we photograph and videotape it too! I think you can definitely do an abbreviated tour and still have a great time. Good luck and enjoy!
    Barb