Thread: Help What do I pack for a baby

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Default Help What do I pack for a baby

Help!!! What do I pack. We are staying at a DVC and Lucas is 13 months old.

What do you have packed for him so far? What are you having trouble deciding on? We've gone to Disney a couple of times a year since each kid was 5 months and we get away with the basics.

How long is the flight? For the plane, make sure you have some snacks and a bottle or sippy cup which can help with the cabin pressure. Depending on the age and what they like at the time, I always pack a few small books and toys that are new. When they are older, a MP3 player with movies works wonders (but not so much at 13 months). I wouldn't take a lot of other toys for the trip though since it just adds to the stuff you have to keep up with and they are generally too wiped out at the end of the day to play with toys. Maybe a favorite stuffed animal, teething toy or something like that.

We always rent a car, so a carseat is a must for us. For that age, I also prefer my own stroller- usually a lightweight umbrella type works great. Easier to transport etc. A couple of outfits a day in case you need to change them. My kids never really went through more than one outfit a day- just gauge it by what you use at home. And since you are staying DVC, you'll have access to laundry if needed which can cut down on the total amount of clothes you need. Bring plastic ziploc bags to hold any dirty clothes, etc.

Make sure you have sunscreen, hats and sunglasses and a few wash cloths that you can wet and cool him off if needed. Other than that, snacks, diapers (regular and swim) and wipes. I know a lot of people buy diapers and wipes there, but I always take it from home. Either way works. For diapers, I usually open the pack and put them flat in the front pockets of the suitcase or fill in once the suitcase is packed.

It can seem overwhelming, but as long as you have the basics, you'll be fine. Have a great time!
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by kimntrent View Post
    Help!!! What do I pack. We are staying at a DVC and Lucas is 13 months old.
    and also all DVC's have a pack n' play and I know the one bedroom has a wooden high chair, the kind that is pulled up to a table without the tray if that makes sense?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by disney_girl View Post
    How long is the flight? For the plane, make sure you have some snacks and a bottle or sippy cup which can help with the cabin pressure.

Other than that, snacks, diapers (regular and swim) and wipes. I know a lot of people buy diapers and wipes there, but I always take it from home. Either way works. For diapers, I usually open the pack and put them flat in the front pockets of the suitcase or fill in once the suitcase is packed.
    Yup, drinking while taking off and landing will help pop their ears naturally, so you don't have a cranky baby

I'd definitely recommend packing your own diapers, as the selection at WDW is limited. You certainly don't want to be worrying about diaper sizes/brands while you're trying to have fun on vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by dwkay8 View Post
    I'd definitely recommend packing your own diapers, as the selection at WDW is limited. You certainly don't want to be worrying about diaper sizes/brands while you're trying to have fun on vacation!
    Not to mention the prices- would hate to waste your hard earned SR money on overpriced diapers!
    Sunshine Rewards

Just the usual stuff like you would pack in a diaper bag but way more, and any kind of medicine you would ever give him, including some Pedialyte powdered packs (if that makes any sense!) and diaper rash cream, baby wash, lotion, and shampoo (unless he's like DD19 was and does have hair until he's 2). DS20 and DD19 have been going since they were babies and now that DD has DGS14months, he's been going since he was 4 months old. If he takes a pacifier, take plenty of extras because he will drop them.
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge