Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Strange things happening with Greenfield...?

Quote Originally Posted by disneynut View Post
    All 3 for yesterday???? I could never get one yesterday, just got the sorry there is no surveys at this point.
    That really is the problem with getting credits for multiple surveys... others have a harder time getting in. This issue actually came up a couple of months ago. I know I was getting credit for more than one after I took a second thinking my first didn't count.

Now, as long as I get back the congratulations page and get the message "you have exceeded", I don't check again for another 24 hours.
    All in all, they seem to credit fine. More importantly, I realize, if I get credit for more than one, I may very well be taking a survey opportunity away from someone else. I'm definitely NOT saying this was my intention nor anyone elses... but I think that is the danger.
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi View Post
    I got credit for all the surveys I did this weekend. I am showing the exceeded limit thing today too, even though I haven't taken one since 6pm last night. I'm just going to leave it as is I think and not try for one today since I got those extra credits yesterday.

ETA- I feel like people are saying I was trying to cheat the system and I take offense to that. I wasn't trying to at all. I honestly didn't know if it credited since I wasn't getting the exceeded limit when I checked back in after my DH did it (and he didn't know I did one, honest mistake). I've never seen the issues with being able to get a survey after getting the exceeded limit page so I was completely perplexed and assumed they didn't credit for some reason so I took another. Anyway, I wasn't cheating. There, said it. I was (am) feeling a tad defensive about the whole thing.. especially when people start throwing out banning and stuff for something that wasn't done intentionally.
    I just read through all of this. I don't think the intention was to single anyone out, I think it was more of a "warning" to anyone reading, I'm sure alot of people who are not regulars read these boards, then say, ah-ha! that's a loophole I can take advantage of. So it was just put out there to restate that people should be careful because we could lose the surveys alltogether. A mistake every once in awhile ok, but if it gets to be a daily thing, I'm sure red flags will be flying, and I'm sure NONE of us want them to go away or to hurt SR in any form.

And here is a for you, sorry you felt that way. The same thing had happened to me btw, so now I have a notepad on my desk that logs date/who/email/survey/time finished.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi View Post
    I got credit for all the surveys I did this weekend. I am showing the exceeded limit thing today too, even though I haven't taken one since 6pm last night. I'm just going to leave it as is I think and not try for one today since I got those extra credits yesterday.

ETA- I feel like people are saying I was trying to cheat the system and I take offense to that. I wasn't trying to at all. I honestly didn't know if it credited since I wasn't getting the exceeded limit when I checked back in after my DH did it (and he didn't know I did one, honest mistake). I've never seen the issues with being able to get a survey after getting the exceeded limit page so I was completely perplexed and assumed they didn't credit for some reason so I took another. Anyway, I wasn't cheating. There, said it. I was (am) feeling a tad defensive about the whole thing.. especially when people start throwing out banning and stuff for something that wasn't done intentionally.
    I agree with cjlaura, I don't think it was a direct hit on you, but just a warning, bc unfortunately there are people out there who may want to take advantage of a situation. I can understand how upset it must make you feel.

I wouldn't worry about it, clearly you weren't trying to take advantge only make sure you had your survey in.

I think greenfield must have had server problems and may have used a previously backed up version which is why we're all having different issue's with surveys. When I check throughout the day I get the exceed and there is no opprotunity for me to try and take one until after 8 pm or so, other's like you are able to get more then one, and some are able to go about their business as usual. I'm also wondering since there are three different senerio's happening if it doesn't have something to do with the date we joined and a previous back up of their system. It's just too weird that there are different things going on.

I had 2 show up for credit on Friday dated the 19th, BUT I never did get my Thursday the 18th credit on Friday when everyone else did. That was about the start of the time greenfield was having issue's and Thursday is the night I did mine close to midnight. So even though I'm sure 2 credit's on the 19th, I think the system finally caught up since I never had one post for the 18th.
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Let me just say that my intention was not to hurt anyones feelings or make anyone feel defensive. I didn't single anyone in particular out. It is my job as a moderator to make sure that you guys aren't doing things that will jeopardize your account or SR in general. This includes warnings against discussing cancellations, discussing prepaid cards or private phone numbers. It also includes letting you all know that it does require some record keeping on our parts for us to be able to continue to make money. If you guys are going to get involved with taking surveys you have to take some responsibility in making sure that you are all foloowing the rules. If that means that you have to keep track each day of the surveys and stop allowing others in the household to take surveys then so be it. If you have a system to take them that works for you and only allows for one survey a day then be all means continue to use it. No one was accusing anyone of trying to cheat or take advantage of the system. What was said is that Greenfield has every right to say that anyone getting more than one survey a day is cheating and we have no way to prove them wrong. The system is not perfect but we are agreeing to abide by their rules and it is each of our own responsibility to make sure that we are keeping track of our own surveys. Obviously Greenfields way of tracking doesnt work for us. I in no way wanted to accuse anyone of wrong doing. I just want to help you guys protect yourselves by knowing the rules. I hope that maybe I have explained myself a little better and helped you understand where I was coming from. That is not always an easy task in writing but unfortunately I have to give you the facts as I know them when something like this happens.
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Janet, I didn't know private phone numbers shouldn't be discussed, but now that I think about it, makes perfect sense. Perhaps someone can add that to the warning on the section that says, Offers and Contests (Do not discuss Cancellations or Prepaid Credit Cards)...you know, for those like me whose lightbulb takes a little while to turn on
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
    Janet, I didn't know private phone numbers shouldn't be discussed, but now that I think about it, makes perfect sense. Perhaps someone can add that to the warning on the section that says, Offers and Contests (Do not discuss Cancellations or Prepaid Credit Cards)...you know, for those like me whose lightbulb takes a little while to turn on
    I didn't know private phone numbers couldn't be discussed either! This forum is how I found out about them. Lesson learned today!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

The forums can't be used to discuss anything that involves giving fake or fraudulent information. Private phones in general can be discussed but not as a way to avoid phone calls from advertisers. You are agreeing to receive their calls by doing the offer. Hope this helps!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
    Taken directly from the front of Offers and Cancellations:

Discuss any of the offers that Sunshine Rewards lists as well as the contests it sponsors. The cancelling of offers cannot in any way be discussed under the forum rules. In addition, credit requests must be done through the Trouble Ticket system, not the forum or private messages.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Let me just say that my intention was not to hurt anyones feelings or make anyone feel defensive. I didn't single anyone in particular out. It is my job as a moderator to make sure that you guys aren't doing things that will jeopardize your account or SR in general. This includes warnings against discussing cancellations, discussing prepaid cards or private phone numbers. It also includes letting you all know that it does require some record keeping on our parts for us to be able to continue to make money. If you guys are going to get involved with taking surveys you have to take some responsibility in making sure that you are all foloowing the rules. If that means that you have to keep track each day of the surveys and stop allowing others in the household to take surveys then so be it. If you have a system to take them that works for you and only allows for one survey a day then be all means continue to use it. No one was accusing anyone of trying to cheat or take advantage of the system. What was said is that Greenfield has every right to say that anyone getting more than one survey a day is cheating and we have no way to prove them wrong. The system is not perfect but we are agreeing to abide by their rules and it is each of our own responsibility to make sure that we are keeping track of our own surveys. Obviously Greenfields way of tracking doesnt work for us. I in no way wanted to accuse anyone of wrong doing. I just want to help you guys protect yourselves by knowing the rules. I hope that maybe I have explained myself a little better and helped you understand where I was coming from. That is not always an easy task in writing but unfortunately I have to give you the facts as I know them when something like this happens.

Janet, you've done a great job explaining this and that is what your job as moderator is. She is no way pointing a finger, just letting everyone (especially any newbies) know the ramifications of taking more then one survey a day. The best rule of thumb would be NOT to take another survey if you get the congratulations page, that simple, even if you don't get the exceeded your limit page. Doing more then one does hinder other members being able to get a survey too.

That said, I will be meeting with Greenfield in a couple weeks. I will discuss all the problems that we are having with them and hopefully be able to get some clarificatioins for everyone. To date, they have not sited us for doing more then one survey a day per individual, but, we don't want that to happen and take a chance on losing them. They really help add up your credits and have some fun in the meantime.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    The forums can't be used to discuss anything that involves giving fake or fraudulent information. Private phones in general can be discussed but not as a way to avoid phone calls from advertisers. You are agreeing to receive their calls by doing the offer. Hope this helps!
    Thank you! I understand. I don't answer my home phone if I don't recognize the number - I let it go to the answering machine. Doesn't make much difference if it is a private phone or my home phone - someone still has to leave a message if I don't know them. No matter which number they call, I will listen when I have the time, which is usually not at dinner time or the kids' bedtimes. I have actually not gotten very many calls - just lots of e-mails!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards