Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: photo offer advice

Default photo offer advice

I'm trying to decide which photo offer to do. I really need some pictures printed. I'm in no hurry, so I thought I would just do it through SR. I've never done pics online, so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

I tried York Photo and was very happy with the pictures and shipping time.

SR reward is $6, you have to order above the free stuff you get (I think it was 20 free prints) to get credit. This is in the Offers / Contest section.

Shutterfly and Snapfish under the shopping section are also good.

I would do York first, as that is a one time offer. Then my 2nd pick would be Shutterfly, then Snapfish. Even though Snapfish is a higher %, I thought Shutterfly had a little better quality.

I wish York was in the Shopping section as a %, they were the best quality.

HTH!!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Thanks! Any advice for actually using these services? How time consuming is it to download pics? Should I set up my pics in a folder first?

I'd go ahead and put your pics into a folder first. There's an automatic uploader (I can't remember the name of it) that lets you select all of the pictures you have in certain folders. It's very easy. I've done it with my pics in several folders without too much trouble, but it would definitely be easier to put them all into one first.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

I second the idea of starting with york photos first! i loved my prints from york nice and fast too!!!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Thanks for asking about this. I have not tried york yet and have been curious. I accidently let my prepaid prints from dotphoto expire (it was only a few so not too horrible but still) and was thinking of trying out another place just to see how it goes. I did snapfish before and was a tad disappointed in the quality. I have wanted to try shutterfly as well but their prices are a little higher than others. York will be at the top of my list.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Defintely do the York photo offer first, group them by subject in different folders, makesit easier in the long run.

My personal fav for quality is dotphoto, fuji owned. Best print quality I've seen out of them all. Kodak comes next, just a little more pricer, BUT they have more options for the "gifts". Like I just ordered fleece blankets for xmas presents of my 3 kids for the grandparents. I thought it was a cool new gift and something different. Unfortunately dotphoto isn't a shopping option, although I sure wish it was. I'm a picture freak and probably have about 700 misc pictures I need to order from either one, and another 1000 to upload yet. I don't even want to think about what my picture no is going ot be like when we come back from Disney next month!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by vegaskjk View Post
    I'm trying to decide which photo offer to do. I really need some pictures printed. I'm in no hurry, so I thought I would just do it through SR. I've never done pics online, so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!
    Maximize your credits and do them all

Glad to hear people liked York photo...now I just need my CD to come....
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Quote Originally Posted by vegaskjk View Post
    Thanks! Any advice for actually using these services? How time consuming is it to download pics? Should I set up my pics in a folder first?
    Setting up a folder of pictures you want printed would likely be helpful. Why have I never thought of that?

But if you have a Mac, I have yet to find a site that will upload pictures in bulk...I have to go one-by-one on every photosite I've tried (and I've tried all of the less expensive ones, I think). It's the only aspect of the Mac that makes me miss the PC.

Whatever you do, do NOT come right home from work (if you work outside the home...if not, then don't do it at home-coming time) and start uploading. Everyone else in the country, across the timezones, has the same idea, and that, I have found, is the 3 or 4 hour period where it will take much longer than it needs to. I do mine midmorning or well after dinner (are you in Pacific timezone, or Mountain? if Mountain, try to get after dinner Pacific time, too). 11pm pacific has always worked well for me, as long as the site isnt' doing updates.

My photo albums are a mishmash of various sites. I like a variety, and of course I like seeing who is best (cough*dotphoto*cough). For about a year there I was ordering the same set of pictures from EVERY place I could think of, to compare their color and graininess, and that's how I got to dotphoto as the best, b/c they matched reality in all of my varied pictures the best. Of the rest, york is good, shutterfly is good...snapfish is pretty good, but I don't like their paper as much...

Have fun!
    Sunshine Rewards